Looking for help!!

C
collinsc
I am new to the Portland area and would love to get out hunting. I was wondering if anyone could give me a tip on were to start? Just looking for a place within an hour that I can go to before or after work. Deer and Elk would be the target of choice. Any help would be great... Thank you!

C
capblack
thats a little out of my zone, but i would guess if you head towards mt hood, or to the coast range, you can get in some hunting within an hour, im sure someone on here that lives in that area can help you out. what part of ptown are you in? Brian

S
SantiamDrifter
Go to your local ODFW office. Get the unit maps for your surrounding area. I think there like 7 bucks per. Then find the list of closure's so you know where you can't go. It helps to call local wildlife Biologist too, They know which units had the best survival ratio.

C
collinsc
Thank you for your help. I am in the Beaverton area.

S
slimyguts
Anywhere outside McMinnville / Yamhill. TONS of area. Also behind Hagg lake. Deer and elk and bear and cougar and coyote and bobcat. Have fun. BiMart has some really good maps of the Trask area.

C
collinsc
slimyguts said:
Anywhere outside McMinnville / Yamhill. TONS of area. Also behind Hagg lake. Deer and elk and bear and cougar and coyote and bobcat. Have fun. BiMart has some really good maps of the Trask area.

Thank you for the help!