Looking for Fall/Winter Salmon tips

evantobias
evantobias
Hey All,

I'm new to salmon fishing and I'm gearing up for the fall/winter season. Been watching a lot of YouTube on the technique (spinner, drift/float & Mooching), but have no idea where and when. Seems like I read conflicting regulations online vs in the booklet- looks like Chinook are ok again from Sept23-Oct31 & Nov1-Dec31 on the Colombia?.. Are there any good shore access areas on the Colombia or should I be targeting smaller rivers? I've heard you can bank fish in Astoria as well as the North Jetty across the way.

I live in Beaverton, so any tips in the Marine/Colombia and Willamette zones would be greatly appreciated!

Irishrover
Irishrover
Best bank fishing in the Astoria/Warrenton area is at the end of Fort Stevens State Park. Drive out to the South Jetty area and follow the road to its end. Big parking lot there and a short walk to the Columbia River. Head up river a bit and fish from a sandy beach known locally as Social Security Beach. Check the regulation for open dates and use spinners such as blue fox. If you like small stream fishing for steelhead check out the Klaskanine or Big Creek in season.

Reactions: Admin
evantobias
evantobias
Irishrover said:
Best bank fishing in the Astoria/Warrenton area is at the end of Fort Stevens State Park. Drive out to the South Jetty area and follow the road to its end. Big parking lot there and a short walk to the Columbia River. Head up river a bit and fish from a sandy beach known locally as Social Security Beach. Check the regulation for open dates and use spinners such as blue fox. If you like small stream fishing for steelhead check out the Klaskanine or Big Creek in season.
Sweet, thank you! I'm going to hit up Astoria/Warrenton and try to make it out to the south jetty and probably venture to social security.