Looking for a lost post

BrianG
Hey all,
I can't seem to find response to a post I put up. I mentioned that my Kayak was out of order and someone suggested bank fishing options.
I think it was singleton park or cleveland rapids. Something along the lines of parking at the lot and then hiking 1-2 mile along the river and fishing the deep holes with a 4inch shad colored sinko. I can't remember the details. Does this ring any bells?
Much appreciated.

Last edited by a moderator:
BrianG
I did that the other day. I just went of to an area across the river from Mack park yesterday. Only got a few short strikes and 3 dinks.

There are so very few bank access points. I figured there would be more fish the further away from the parks. Maybe I will have to go the parks just for the trails and make the best of it.

O. mykiss
Go fish from the bank around the Tyee bridge out 138. I have done very well there form the bank. Down river from there just before Elkton there is a drift boat slide ramp and there is ample bank access there as well as at the sawyers rapids boat ramp. This time of the year, early and late in the day will provide your best luck

jamisonace
O. mykiss said:
Go fish from the bank around the Tyee bridge out 138. I have done very well there form the bank. Down river from there just before Elkton there is a drift boat slide ramp and there is ample bank access there as well as at the sawyers rapids boat ramp. This time of the year, early and late in the day will provide your best luck
I thought about that too. I took some kids there a couple years ago and we got a few but even from a boat it's not great. Too many people fish it.

I don't know of any public bank access that is going to get you into a lot of good sized bass. Even in a boat you have to catch 20 shrimps for one good sized fish. James Wood is as good as any if you want to drive that far for bass. Ned rig in the deep holes and cast plugs into the pool north of the ramp.

I'm going to need to start seeing pics of buckets of fish in your trunk or I'm done sharing. LOL

BrianG
jamisonace said:
https://www.oregonfishingforum.com/threads/anyone-hunting-smallies.617882/page-2#post-633524

Not sure if this is it but I'm doing all I can to help you harvest smallies aka "fleas of the Umpqua". I think you'd be better off driving out Melqua until you're across from River Forks and exploring the bank on that side.

Yeah I have been there a few times. I only caught a few earlier this month. There are a few spots for river access but your can't get too far along the bank darn it.

Top Bottom