Looking for a guide recommendation

vjpic1

Hey all,
Just found this forum and look forward to sharing my success stories once they start happening! I'm mostly fly fishing around Little North Fork Wilson, and Trask and messing around with it since I'm new here.

Aside from that now.... I've got a request from my brother to see if I can organize a guided fishing trip for salmon out this way for his upcoming bachelor party, and wanted to check in here to see if there was some guidance offered on what/where to look. I didn't see anything about asking for guide advice against the rules, so Lmk if I should be posting this somewhere else.

Probably 5 guys all together, need all the gear, and would be in for a one day trip with no lodging. We'll be heading out one of the later weekends in Oct.

Any advice is appreciated, thanks! Tight lines!

4labs

Welcome aboard
Everyone I know is on the Umpqua and Rogue.
Expect to pay 175 each plus tip. If this is the area your interested in I have some names
Send us a report
Good luck

vjpic1

Welcome aboard
Everyone I know is on the Umpqua and Rogue.
Expect to pay 175 each plus tip. If this is the area your interested in I have some names
Send us a report
Good luck
Thanks for that. Trying to keep it around the Tillamook area I think, to keep the drive time down from their flight into PDX. Pricing seems to be just a tad higher for these rivers up here.

troutdude

If you're in the Portland area: Captain Darryl Jones, at Oregon City Charters is da man! He'll take you out on the Big C (Columbia), or maybe the Lower Willy (Willamette), to go hawg hunting. If that's what you're looking to do.

Otherwise @EOBOY's suggestion above is the way to go, for the Coastal Streams mentioned above. Tanner is da best on those fisheries.

OnTheDrop

It’ll likely be a drift boat show at that time. I can’t take 5 people, but I can use a guide and split the boats at 2 and 3. I have some later October dates open.

It’s 225 a head for my boat, and for the few guides I work with.

Thanks,