Looking for a fishing buddy or deck hand.

J
Jrlamont
Looking for someone who knows the ins and outs of boat salmon fishing who would like to go with me out of Scappoose Bay this year and spring 2021.

I am currently a 1 man show and have a hard time finding people who actually show up to fish. If you know how to bait lines and run a reel, lets talk.

I have a 18 foot north river bayhawk and I go out of scapoose Bay annually. The boat has room for up to 4, but easier with 3 or 2. But as a 1 man show, running it, baiting lines, launching the boat, landing the boat, and netting fish become a serious challenge.

Prefer someone close to st. Helens or scapoose area as I sometimes hear the bite is on and I go the following day or weekend.

This would be for multiple trips and I am not a guide. If you're just looking for one time trip out, try one of the awesome guides that go from Scapoose Bay. I can give you some good names.

This is for someone who can bait lines, reel in and check them, handle the anchor on occasion, help with small on the water maintenance issues, and help launch and trailer the boat. You must also have a fishing license and salmon tag to run 2 poles in the water.

Please no smoking, no booze, no weed. I have stories that don't end well when folks have used these things on the boat.

Thanks,

E_PIC
E_PIC
Jrlamont said:
Looking for someone who knows the ins and outs of boat salmon fishing who would like to go with me out of Scappoose Bay this year and spring 2021.

I am currently a 1 man show and have a hard time finding people who actually show up to fish. If you know how to bait lines and run a reel, lets talk.

I have a 18 foot north river bayhawk and I go out of scapoose Bay annually. The boat has room for up to 4, but easier with 3 or 2. But as a 1 man show, running it, baiting lines, launching the boat, landing the boat, and netting fish become a serious challenge.

Prefer someone close to st. Helens or scapoose area as I sometimes hear the bite is on and I go the following day or weekend.

This would be for multiple trips and I am not a guide. If you're just looking for one time trip out, try one of the awesome guides that go from Scapoose Bay. I can give you some good names.

This is for someone who can bait lines, reel in and check them, handle the anchor on occasion, help with small on the water maintenance issues, and help launch and trailer the boat. You must also have a fishing license and salmon tag to run 2 poles in the water.

Please no smoking, no booze, no weed. I have stories that don't end well when folks have used these things on the boat.

Thanks,
Hey, a bit late on a response but I'm moving to St Helens from North Dakota and desperately need to find fishing partner/people. I have a 17' Lund, spend 60+ days a year on the water fishing walleye, just need to learn the salmon game. If you're still looking for people, I know my way around boat and know how to catch fish. Also sober since 2009 so not a chemical fan.

retiredandfishing
retiredandfishing
Jrlamont said:

Thanks,
Hello, my name is Steve. I live in Bay City Oregon so a ways away but still doable given enough time. I am just down the road from Garibaldi and keep my 20 ft Bluewater in a slip during the summer, there. Wondering if you might want to swap fishing trips from time to time? I also have a 17 ft Invader I use in the upper bay to fish shallow water. I too have trouble some times getting people to go fishing so could use another hand.

I fish for Salmon and bottom fish and usually put crab pots out. I also have a buddy who goes out Tuna fishing and we are always open to taking people out with us. Cost is just for gas. We too are not guides.

Thanks, Steve

jamisonace
jamisonace
retiredandfishing said:
Hello, my name is Steve. I live in Bay City Oregon so a ways away but still doable given enough time. I am just down the road from Garibaldi and keep my 20 ft Bluewater in a slip during the summer, there. Wondering if you might want to swap fishing trips from time to time? I also have a 17 ft Invader I use in the upper bay to fish shallow water. I too have trouble some times getting people to go fishing so could use another hand.

I fish for Salmon and bottom fish and usually put crab pots out. I also have a buddy who goes out Tuna fishing and we are always open to taking people out with us. Cost is just for gas. We too are not guides.

Thanks, Steve
It's crazy how hard it is to find someone to fill a seat. I have the same problem. I could name dozens of people in Roseburg that have asked me to take them fishing but when the time comes I spend more time trying to fill the seat than I do actually fishing.

Reactions: retiredandfishing
retiredandfishing
retiredandfishing
jamisonace said:
It's crazy how hard it is to find someone to fill a seat. I have the same problem. I could name dozens of people in Roseburg that have asked me to take them fishing but when the time comes I spend more time trying to fill the seat than I do actually fishing.
Keep me mind then. I am retired but run a small reel and rod repair business but can fish most any time.

Thanks, Steve