Lookin' to toss my line this weekend

H
Hooked
So I am hoping to head out this weekend with rods and a canoe. Looking for a day trip from Portand and just fish and relax without much rifraff. Can anyone suggest a good spot for a girl to toss her line? Thanks in advance!

S
SDfisher
Go to Trillium Lake by Mt Hood. Its going to be a great weekend and that place is nice and relaxing. Best of luck..................................

K
koboabe
Lost Lake (on hood) is also a very relaxing lake.
no motors allowed...

T
troutmagic
any reports from Lost Lake??

L
liquidplumber
went 2 weeks ago caught fish on anything We tossed.Good luck.Be careful on that road.

K
koboabe
caught a few small fish, but my friend caught a nice 15 or 17 bow

T
troutmagic
Thanks for the info!

C
Cake
Hooked said:
So I am hoping to head out this weekend with rods and a canoe. Looking for a day trip from Portand and just fish and relax without much rifraff. Can anyone suggest a good spot for a girl to toss her line? Thanks in advance!

You want to catch fish in a good lookin spot, Lost lake in Clatsop county.

If you're feelin froggy, put your canoe in the Nehalum at the bottom of the hill.

Lost Lake Fishing in Clatsop County, Oregon | Fishing Works

K
kornphlake
I fished trillium lake this afternoon on the dam, I got a coulple bites on powerbait but didn't land anything, I felt like I was there too late and left too early, I saw several people who limited out. I'd never been to the lake before, but I'm certain I'll return, it's a nice little lake.

C
chrishophoto
Trillium is the place to be!

Trillium is the place to be!

Trillium was stocked just a few days ago. I went up there on Tuesday, and the place was a pretty busy so if you want to be away from people, it might be the place to go. I only caught two fairly small fish (one I kept, and the other I let go because I believe it was a bull trout). I also had three others that got away before I was able to land them. I was using only hardware, and most of the bites were on spinners. I saw one guy who brought in a lot of fish, and he said he was using worms (I think I'm going to have to try those sometime).

One other thing. I too fish from a canoe. If you don't have one already, get yourself a river anchor (15lb should do it). I'ts nice to worry about fishing rather than where that wind is going to take you! Also if you plan on staying out until sundown, bring a bandanna or something to cover your face. Just when the fish got really active, so too did the insects! They were some sort of really small bugs that did not bite ore anything but man, they were irritating as hell because you couldn't help but to get them in your mouth, ears, nose, and even the eyes! They were especially heavy on the west side of the lake, but so where the fish.

Oh, one other thing. Even if you don't catch anything, the view at Trillium will give you the most beautiful view of Mt. Hood you will ever set your eyes on, bare none, so bring your camera!

Cheers! -Chris