Lookin good

G
GMR
I do believe I need to hit the Wilson tomorro morning.
Its starting to look nice. Need to see what all that water brought in.

brandon4455
brandon4455
GMR said:
I do believe I need to hit the Wilson tomorro morning.
Its starting to look nice. Need to see what all that water brought in.

good luck. maybe a fresh winter with sea lice still on it is in your future ;)

M
Modest_Man
I'm game Tuesday. Got stuff going on tomorrow.

G
GMR
Twist my arm, 2 days in a row... oh the torture..

G
GDBrown
I'll be looking for ya on Tuesday!

M
Modest_Man
Getting the winter tires on the Subaru today, who cares if there's snow or ice tomorrow!?

G
GMR
Water is Beautifull although all that I caught was some nice Cutthroats.
but still!! I decided to bail early because it was snowing really hard and didn't
know how bad the pass would be.
I chained up and spent the next 3 hours helping others.
Semi's slid sideways blocking all lanes, People without chains sliding into rails.
Semi drivers that dont know how to put chains on...
Was just retarded. at one point there was over a mile backup because some idiot decided he
should turn around and ended up blocking all the lanes and couldnt move.

If you plan on going out there please be smart. Toss the chains in the car.
I even watched 4x4's sliding into things so... just be ready.
The guy that blocked the whole road decided to argue with Odot that he was a good driver and he didn't need him telling him what to do..... Of all the times to argue that you know what your doing...

M
Modest_Man
So...how you feeling about tomorrow?

G
GMR
Modest_Man said:
So...how you feeling about tomorrow?

We are on.. I dont care about the other idiots..:)

A
aka trouble
fished it yesterday and boy it was cold and snowing still we only made it to three holes. did mange to have one hookup with something crome but it sadly spit my hook out...time for yarnballs the stealhead is coming ... ive saw sevaral winters caught already btw...

G
GMR
Well fished it again today.. and I all got was ice filled guides (slightly annoying) and cold feet.
Was very nice out there though...

N
n8r1
GMR said:
Well fished it again today.. and I all got was ice filled guides (slightly annoying) and cold feet.
Was very nice out there though...

How were the roads?

G
GMR
n8r1 said:
How were the roads?

Theres mostly ice up there.
I wouldnt go up there in a 2 wheel sedan without studs or chains.
But it should be clearing out or next few days.

M
Modest_Man
My Subaru with studs was a beast. Most of the pass was a solid sheet of ice, but it had all been plowed and sanded. Once you get to the far side it warmed up a bit and the roads weren't quite as bad as the east side. Most vehicles had chains, but all wheel drive you'd be ok if you were careful and didn't have to take evasive action.

Water temp was 42 degrees, air temp was 19-26 degrees. Cold day.

N
n8r1
Thanks fellas. I'm heading to either the Wilson or Necanicum tomorrow and just want to know what to expect. I hit the river on Monday and it was 29 degrees and snowing when I started.

G
GMR
n8r1 said:
Thanks fellas. I'm heading to either the Wilson or Necanicum tomorrow and just want to know what to expect. I hit the river on Monday and it was 29 degrees and snowing when I started.

Yeah tomorro im staying home and warm, two days of being cold and bringing nothing home made for long days.

N
n8r1
Decided on the Necanicum. Roads were icy but not bad, no snow. Great day on the river even though I got skunked. Cold and overcast with snow flurries, and I had the river pretty much to myself. Only bad part was driving back to PDX and getting stuck behind idiots who feel it necessary to go 20 mph, never use the right lane, and never pull off to let the 20 cars behind go by. It took an hour to get to the river and over 2 hours to get home.

Raincatcher
Raincatcher
Congress needs to pass a bill stating that on treacherous, icy roads the only ones allowed to drive are dedicated fisher folk! All others will be chained to guardrails to serve as "bumper bodies". :lol: :lol: :yay: :yay: :yay: