Lookin for fishin around Tillamook

S
slimyguts
hey yall,

I know it sounds stupid. I am looking for some freshwater ponds or lakes around tillamook. I will be working in Retards....I mean Netarts for about 3 months. When the tides are right I will fish jetties and crabbing. Will fish the Wilson and lower Trask but sometimes its nice after work to just sit with a cold beer and some buddies with a pole in the water. Any ideas?

Thanks.

troutdude
troutdude
Hebo Lake is maybe 20 - 30 minutes south of cheese country. You might get some leftover truck trout, or some catfish (if the stock was replenished somehow after they drained and worked on the lake bed last year).

There is Bay City Reservoir. But, it's only 1/2 acre and only stocked once in April.

Just north of Rockaway are Lytle Lake & Crescent Lake. Crescent has bass, and some trout. Lytle has bows and cutts and catch n' release for bass. These are also about 20 - 30 minutes away.

North and South Lakes are above Hebo Lake. But, if you don't have a tube or toon they wouldn't be easy to fish...very brushy and boggy.

Spring Lake is 1.5 south of Rockaway w/ trout, bass, and surplus steelies sometimes. Public access is only along the highway.

Town Lake is north of Pacific City. It has bows and cutts. Also limited bank access. Also has steelies sometimes.

That's about it. You're really in River country over there and not so much lake country. If you want to do some river fishing...the Fall Nooks and Blue Backs will start up in August. There are several great steams that flow into the Tillamook Bay. And there's the Necanicum and Nehalem nearby too.

troutdude
troutdude
Hebo Lake is maybe 20 - 30 minutes south of cheese country. You might get some leftover truck trout, or some catfish (if the stock was replenished somehow after they drained and worked on the lake bed last year).

There is Bay City Reservoir. But, it's only 1/2 acre and only stocked once in April.

Just north of Rockaway are Lytle Lake & Crescent Lake. Crescent has bass, and some trout. Lytle has bows and cutts and catch n' release for bass. These are also about 20 - 30 minutes away.

North and South Lakes are above Hebo Lake. But, if you don't have a tube or toon they wouldn't be easy to fish...very brushy and boggy.

Spring Lake is 1.5 south of Rockaway w/ trout, bass, and surplus steelies sometimes. Public access is only along the highway.

Town Lake is north of Pacific City. It has bows and cutts. Also limited bank access. Also has steelies sometimes.

That's about it. You're really in River country over there and not so much lake country. If you want to do some river fishing...the Fall Nooks and Blue Backs will start up in August. There are several great steams that flow into the Tillamook Bay. And there's the Necanicum and Nehalem nearby too.

I AM BEGINNING TO HATE MY COMPUTER...IT IS DOUBLE POSTING AND I DON'T KNOW WHY...sorry.

S
slimyguts
Thanks for the info. I have seen some of these along 101 but never tried it. Was not sure if there was more off the highway. Lost my Fishing In Oregon book and am lost without it when I go to new areas.

The double post is a good thing cause I usually need to hear it twice......or so my wife says!!

troutdude
troutdude
slimyguts said:
Thanks for the info. I have seen some of these along 101 but never tried it. Was not sure if there was more off the highway. Lost my Fishing In Oregon book and am lost without it when I go to new areas.

The double post is a good thing cause I usually need to hear it twice......or so my wife says!!

You're welcome. And LOL on the double post comment!!! Been there, done that.