Look at this beast!

X
xltom
I went down to the Elkton area today to fish with my girlfriend's uncle. I got zilch but Uncle Razor got this monster...Biggest trout I've seen(probably not sayin much)..We had heard they dropped a bunch of big pellet heads so I was surprised to see it was wild in the pics....(I was so excited I forgot to look)

091.jpg

Caught bobber fishin' eggs and powerbait..(then released) I wish my boat wasn't all tore up or I'd go troll there tomorrow...

Last edited:
B
Brianb1962
Nice fish,nice fish.

Brian

A
adambomb
That's a pig for sure! I doubt it is a wild fish, most hatcherys don't clip their trout, even brooders. From the looks of how beat up that tail is, and the opaque coloration, I would bet it is a hatchery brooder, but a great fish none the less.

X
xltom
adambomb said:
That's a pig for sure! I doubt it is a wild fish, most hatcherys don't clip their trout, even brooders. From the looks of how beat up that tail is, and the opaque coloration, I would bet it is a hatchery brooder, but a great fish none the less.

I was wondering if they clip the ones they use for spawning....she was full of eggs and dropped a bunch on the dock.

O
osmosis
Definitely a Nice trout for sure. With how tattered the dorsal fin and the tail are that fish is a hatchery fish, But that doesn't make it less of a nice fish..

X
xltom
just curious, did someone put this pic on the first forum page or is it automatically put up there?

"that doesn't make it less of a nice fish"

I think it would be much cooler if it were wild! (or if I had been the one to catch it!)

Last edited:
Admin
Admin
I did. That beast deserves to be in the list of Featured Reports. :clap:

M
Mike123
That's a huge freakin trout! Nice job!

The way his eyes look and how there is no slime left on him makes him look like he's been dead awhile. haha. Am I wrong?

X
xltom
You got me Mike! That fish was stuffed and I broke HER off the wooden plaque.......no seriosly she took a few seconds to revive but swam away all good...She did roll around on a dirty dock so slime would be tough to see...

M
Mike123
LOL! Ok Im wrong haha. That is one beasty trout though!

B
bigsteel
thats my kind of fish...nice catch

M
Mad dog
Looking at that blunt nose and rubbed off tail it is deffinetely a brooder! Looks like Loon lake in the background maybe?

A
Anyfishisfine
Massive!

T
Thuggin4Life
Nice fish! Good to see you getting out on the water.

C
Cohosanders
:clap: Son of a Beast:lol: Nice looking trout. good job on the hook up!!!Beautiful Day to boot:)

S
stream2.5
unclipped brood but wow thats a big one ....glad my tag fees raised her up..

X
xltom
Not Loon Lake but if someone guesses I'll tell......Thanks for all the props, but Uncle Razor caught her....I just unhooked her for him(had plyers handy)...

M
Mad dog
Not really in the Elkton area, but those clearcuts on the ridge might lead me to guess Cooper creek.

X
xltom
WE HAVE A WINNER! Way to go Mad Dog! Sutherlan is pretty dam close to Elkton is it not?

Last edited:
T
Throbbit _Shane
Last October i fished Cooper Creek for the first time. I hooked into 2 larger trout toward the back of the lake on the boat dock, both trout broke my line though.... I still want to go back and catch a trout instead of the blue gills that we were catching. Also i want to fish Ben Irving by winston, i drove by it just to check it out, seems like a nice lake.

Btw nice fish :)