Long Tom below Fern Ridge Dam July 8th

T
the_intimidator03
Well I decided today was as good a day as any COOLER day to go fishing at some new places. I hit kirk pond for a bit got some bluegill, mini largemouth, and a redear sunfish. From there i went below the dam and dinked around. probably caught close to 8-12 bullheads, few bluegill and one fish i believe is a carp, the other im not sure if its a bluegill or warmouth or hybrid of the two?

I also came out of this with a funky pinkness... i dunno what is happening to me.

I do want to apologize for the quality of pictures, took them with my cell phone.

B
beaverfan
That's the tiniest Carp I've ever seen! LOL Nice fish!

T
the_intimidator03
beaverfan said:
That's the tiniest Carp I've ever seen! LOL Nice fish!

HEY NOW i resent that... its not the size of the fish... its the fight in the fish... which wasn't much LOL

D
Drew9870
It would make my day to catch a Carp that small, ones around that size are really tough to find. I've only seen a few Warmouth, which were in the past year, I had to identify them for my buddies.

Try some white bread, just a little bead on a little treble, soft enough to set the hook through, roll it, then put the hook in. A kernel or two of corn might work also.

Last edited:
T
the_intimidator03
so you think that is a warmouth? reason i ask is because its got the colors of a spawner male bluegill which i havent been able to locate any pictures of warmouth with the same colors. behind the head i see bluegill in front of it i see warmouth

T
TTFishon
Nice catch! I am 100 % positive that's a warmouth. I know a pond that has some 10 inch warmouth lurking about. I'll send you a pic of a nice one I caught last year. I've caught some mighty small carp in there too. Thanks for sharing.

D
Drew9870
Definetly a Warmouth, unless its a Bluegill/LM Bass hybrid :lol:.

T
Thuggin4Life
Looks like you had a productive day out there. Now with the bigger picture I would still have guessed crappie but I have never seen a warmouth so I wouldn't have known. Now i need to add another fish to the list.

B
BlackBass
Thuggin4Life said:
Looks like you had a productive day out there. Now with the bigger picture I would still have guessed crappie but I have never seen a warmouth so I wouldn't have known. Now i need to add another fish to the list.

And learn what a crappie looks like :) jk

G
grampa ron
It looks like the wild goldfish that are in there.

F
fishing man
the last two photos look like black crappie

T
TTFishon
Oh yeah, I almost forgot. Welcome to the forum fishing man.

N
nwkiller
that is def a warmouth....oh and stack corn on your hook and get ten pound carp right where u are!!!...good luck