Long lining?

Status
Not open for further replies.
B
BobberDown
ArcticAmoeba said:
Alright, regardless of how much good information is presented on this thread... It is going to get out of hand quickly if we keep arguing. Effectively snagging fish is a learned technique, so you cannont blame amateurs/ignorant people for it. Those snagging are not ignorant. They are doing it with purpose. And the reason for 10 foot leaders and corkie is to get the proper line angle, covering the most water in the area fish hold You do not need to see the fish, just feel the bump. You can line fish from inside the mouth with 12 inch leaders if you can sight fish 'em. There is no need, but it can be done, and probably is done by someone somewhere. Point is, this type of fishing is going on everywhere. Do your part to stop it. Educate the willing, and ring up OSP and the local police for those un-willing to stop. Targeting fish with the intent to un-farily hook them is also illegal... That is why you can get written a ticket for the gear you run if the officer knows that particular rig to be inneffective in the area being policed. Keep the arguments/banter to a minimum. This one has pretty much played itself out. Wait until the middle of September. Snag threads will be pouring out of our ears!
i agea i just had to give some info for the people that aredoing it not know so maybe they could read it and amybe they mite relize they are snagging . because the snaggers out there it does not mater they know what there dowing and they wont stop . but your write about the 10 foot lead and the angle with the big corkie to float that bighook . but the most efectiv liner i ever met used a 2 foot leader because mostof the bummps they feel are on there main line but your write no one likes snagers unless your one of them no need to write any more it is a thread that will just make member argu in stead of talk about fishing i hope to see you on the river agin AA mite have to plan a trip with you and Dan havea good day
Thanks Dan

K
Kodiak
Hardware

Hardware

Look, all you guys need to do to stop allof this is just use UV spinners...I'd be more than happy to supply all of you. Just athought..:lol::lol::lol::lol:

A
ArcticAmoeba
Dan, anytime man. You know I fish a lot, so hit me up if you guys are ever on the Clackamas. Or we can plan to meet up, and throw some jigs, and spinners at a few when he Summers are in thick.

Kodiak, yeah, spinners... I have some pictures for you of a Molalla fish I wrangled, and my buddy got shots of, on his D60 Nikon. I hope they turned out wicked! But yes, I am in the need right now, so I'll get a hold of you man. Thanks Phil.

F
FishSlayer420
Well i am done argueing with you people about this. I have been checked multiple times by OSP officer Marshall Maher up at Dexter and its not illegal according to him and this guy will write you a ticket for breathing wrong so i am just gonna end this now. catch fish anyway you can. As long as its in tha mouth it aint snagging.FISH ON! :D And this is not the only way i fish for Steelhead/Salmon only up at dexter Hope to see some of you nay sayers up at Dexter. Good luck to all. Bang Em out:D

M
mgdguy
FishSlayer420 said:
Well i am done argueing with you people about this. I have been checked multiple times by OSP officer Marshall Maher up at Dexter and its not illegal according to him and this guy will write you a ticket for breathing wrong so i am just gonna end this now. catch fish anyway you can. As long as its in tha mouth it aint snagging.FISH ON! :D And this is not the only way i fish for Steelhead/Salmon only up at dexter Hope to see some of you nay sayers up at Dexter. Good luck to all. Bang Em out:D

Catch fish any legal way you can ;)

M
meluvtrout
FishSlayer420 said:

Not to continue to argue or anything, but throughout pages and pages of information under this thread, at any point, have you thought that maybe, these people are trying to explain to you (even if it's not in your personal intentions) that you are taking a chance to potentially faul hooking, leaving wounds on fish's neck, body or tail and as a result traumatizing a spawning fish and how that might effect the future of sport fishing in your neck of the woods?

If not, I guess ignorance could potentially be considered a virtue or maybe a state of mind that can make you color blind or a Samurai technique that can be achieved through many years of utmost attention and painful studies...

Last edited:
F
FishSlayer420
I can tell you right now that in the years i have been fishing up there that 90% of the fish we hook are in the mouth. And a sea lion will leave twice as bad of a wound than my little hook will. But good fishing to all. FISH ON!:D

J
JeannaJigs
sea lions are a natural predator, a hook is not. Just use good judgement when it comes to leaving as little trace as possible, less harm and stress means better fishing oppurtunities years to come.

M
Mike123
We may as well give up with the stoner.
There's no convincing a snagger that what he does is not ethical.
The word ethical is not in a snaggers vocab.

M
meluvtrout
FishSlayer420 said:
I can tell you right now that in the years i have been fishing up there that 90% of the fish we hook are in the mouth. And a sea lion will leave twice as bad of a wound than my little hook will. But good fishing to all. FISH ON!:D

I'm sorry, I don't speak Sea Lion.

And here is a number for you to call and get an approval for your supreme fishing techniques: 1‑800‑452‑7888 . I'm sure they'd love to hear your story in detail... Good luck...

Reactions: Thuggin4Life
M
Mike123
meluvtrout said:
And here is a number for you to call and get an approval for your supreme fishing techniques: 1‑800‑452‑7888 . I'm sure they'd love to hear your story in detail... Good luck...

Haha good one!! :clap:

F
FishSlayer420
We are all predators. come up to dexter this summer and tell all of us that it is not legal and we will debate a little more. FISH ON!:D

J
JeannaJigs
I have better things to do than combat fish with morons at Dexter and tell them that what they're doing is wrong when they're all "adults" that are capable of reading the reg book (It's not hard, we all learned how to do it in first grade), and have no excuse for knowing what is and is not legal.

M
mgdguy
JeannaJigs said:
I have better things to do than combat fish with morons at Dexter and tell them that what they're doing is wrong when they're all "adults" that are capable of reading the reg book (It's not hard, we all learned how to do it in first grade), and have no excuse for knowing what is and is not legal.

not to put too fine a point on it! ;) ;) :clap:

F
Fishtopher
Is there no moderator to close this thread then? Only so long you can beat a dead horse.

Tally ho man! Put the lock on it and throw away the key!!

M
metalmania
Fishtopher said:
Is there no moderator to close this thread then? Only so long you can beat a dead horse.

:clap:

Reactions: FishFinger
K
Kodiak
Fishtopher said:

LMAO!!!!!:clap::dance::clap::dance::lol::rolleyes:

Raincatcher
Raincatcher
Freedom of expression

Freedom of expression

Fishtopher said:

Fishtopher;
Oh,yeah...we're here. We just happen to be of the opinion that 99% of the members are adults and should be capable of behaving as such. Our members are usually very good at "discussing" any topic without getting too ugly or out of hand. Some members are not capable of doing it without using profanity and name calling. Those get a gentle warning at first and if it continues the offender will eventually end up hanging themselves and get banned from OFF.
If there is anything we moderators can help with,let us know. Be safe.
BArb

C
Commodore S
Fishtopher said:

:pray::pray::pray::clap:

B
beaverfan
FishSlayer420 said:
We are all predators. come up to dexter this summer and tell all of us that it is not legal and we will debate a little more. FISH ON!:D

Just might have to make a trip up there this summer and try to catch some of the foul hookin' on my brand new hd camcorder. The reason they haven't busted you yet is because they haven't witnessed you foul hooking a fish and celebrating it! Just wait karma will turn around and bite you hard. Give the fish a chance. You might as well just throw a net out there. It takes NO SKILL! Fishing takes skill. This is the last time I will even look at this thread. As far as I'm concerned everything in here is garbage.

Status
Not open for further replies.