Locations?

bigavicfan

Gonna be in bend next week and want to fish the salmon fly hatch. Anyone know of some spots. Dont want to be driving around forever. Thanks.

Raincatcher

Watch for vehicles along the road by the river of your choice. Usually, the more vehicles, the better the spot. Unless you live on the river, driving is a big part of fishing.

Irishrover

Most Featured
Sorry I missed this post. Best bet on salmon fly hatch is all below Pelton Dam. Anywhere from Warm Spring on down. The hatch starts in the lower river and works it's way up. Not much of a hatch in the Bend area as compared to Warm Springs to Maupin and below.

305to503fishermen

Is that stretch of the river open. I was reading the regulation and some part of it is closed from april til july. Could anyone clarify this regulation for me. Also it is okay the throw a spinner and what not ?

Sorry i am new to Oregon and don't know how to fly fish yet.

Irishrover

Most Featured
This is copied right out of the ODF&W regulation. It is open. Yes spinners are just fine. No bait can be used and that includes plastic worms.

Northern Boundary of the Warm Springs Reservation to the Pelton Regulating Reservoir.

• Open Apr 22 – Dec 31 for trout and hatchery steelhead.
  • 2 rainbow trout per day, 10 inch minimum and 13 inch maximum length.
  • Open for coho salmon Aug 1 – Dec 31.
  • No limit on size or number of bass.
  • No angling from a floating device.
  • See Lake Simtustus.
  • Closed from Pelton Regulating Dam downstream approx. 600 ft to ODFW markers

Sherars Falls to Northern Boundary of the Warm Springs Reservation (including White River upstream to first falls)

• Open all year for trout and hatchery steelhead.
  • 2 rainbow trout per day, 10 inch minimum and 13 inch maximum length.
  • Open for coho salmon Aug 1 – Dec 31.
  • No limit on size or number of bass.
  • No angling from a floating device.

Irishrover

Most Featured
I just went over the Deschutes River at Warm Springs today and the boat ramp was very busy.

for ads free experience.

Top Bottom