Little Nestucca Steelhead

R
rainbowfisherman
Gonna hit the Little Nestucca tomorrow. Gonna be swinging flies. Was thinking I'd hit it around Blaine or Beaver. Not sure yet. Then gonna hit three rivers on the way home. Here we go. Will report back

troutdude
troutdude
Good luck tomorrow. My grandparents used to live on that river. And Gramps had a brick smoke house. YUM!!!

Hope you ink some steel!

B
BlackBass
Blaine is not nowhere near the little Nestucca. Have fun on your trip to the Nestucca :)

A
AlaskaKid
Excuse my ignorance but I thought that it was the Big Nestucca which runs through Blaine?

R
rainbowfisherman
You are right, I dont know why but the little Nestucca has been on my mind. Must have switched them up. Thanks for clearing that up.

L
lilsalmon
Either way...good luck. We were going to go there today but our plans changed. Let us know how you do

H
halibuthitman
Think Black... and if you don't have black... I would stop and get something in black. Good Luck!

R
rainbowfisherman
I could tie up all black jigs, is that what you were thinking?

H
halibuthitman
jigs? I thought you said swinging flies in your first post? I don't really know anything about jigs... but Eels spawn in the Tucca, and swinging ( I prefer dead drifting ) like a black and copper sleech, or a black regurgitating leech, or just a good ole fashion black sparse wooly Bugger can really kick balls on coastal water this time of year.

troutdude
troutdude
I have caught way more Nooks, on ALL BLACK spinners...than on any other color. And, I have caught way more trout on Black Woolly's too (than any other color).

I'm sure that black jigs would work well too.

B
bigsteel
halibuthitman said:
jigs? I thought you said swinging flies in your first post?
:lol::lol::lol::lol:

R
rainbowfisherman
I always bring both rods. Sorry for the confusion. We fished three rivers instead. So a ton of fish go up the ladder. A couple guys around me got in to some. I only managed a cutthroat. All in all a good warm day on the water.

S
Steelheader4Life
The Nestucca isn't on fire yet but it's almost there. I drifted from 4th Birdge to Farmers today and we went 1-3. An absolutley beautiful day to be on the water! There was quite a bit of boat traffic but we put in a little late and let everyone get ahead of us.