Little Fall Creek steelie

F
fish man sanders
I caught this nice steelie in the Little Fall Creek river. The weather was real sunny with some cloud breaks, water was very clear a not bad day for fishing. So I go to my spot grabbed a little piece of pink yarn on my egg loop knot and then I put about a 2 and a half inch piece of worm tail on my hook. Casted twice wile jig bouncing the worm and yarn and wham! He nailed it and got off right away. Wasn't ready for it. Then casted again did the same thing and bam hit it again and I set the hook good and the fight was on. It was a good fight and a great day of fishing and not to mention I was only there at least 10 minutes. Very lucky. :D

Little Fall Creek steelie

32 inches

R
rippin fish lips
Nice fish. were you fishing the rapids below the damn

R
rippin fish lips
How is that white meat? hahahaha......

E
eugene1
Nice work, looks like one of the rare natural spawned fish on the upper willy. Do all of the steelies you are getting there have an adipose fin? If so, it seems like they found a place to reproduce on their own.

Best,

D
dtikey
nice little peace of suclusion good for you man and nice fish

F
fish man sanders
thanks for all the coments and likes guys i apprishiate it this steelie is being taxidermied :)

F
fish man sanders
and it was cliped thats why i kept em

E
eugene1
Looked like an unclipped one to me but can't really tell. You can keep unclipped fish below the dam there, like the rest of the upper Willy.

Best,

fish man sanders said:
and it was cliped thats why i kept em

F
fish man sanders
as long as it is cliped you can keep it but if not it is to be released.

E
eugene1
I've never fished it, so you have probably researched the regs more than me, but I found this in the 2013 odfw regs.

Little Fall Creek (Lane Co.)
Open for adipose fin-clipped Chinook salmon; adipose fin-clipped steelhead; and non-
adipose fin-clipped steelhead
greater than 24 inches all year
(mainstem from the mouth
upstream to 200 feet below the concrete fish ladder, approximately 12 miles).
• Open Jan. 1-April 26 and Nov. 1-Dec. 31, catch and release for trout
•Open April 27-Oct. 31, 5 trout per day, 8 inch minimum length.
•Use of bait allowed