Little Fall Creek fish ladder

D
durantmatt
Hey Guys-
I was looking through the regulations the other day and noticed that there is a fish ladder about 12-15 miles up little fall creek. I took a drive up there and was turned around by what seemed like a private gate that ran parallel with the creek, and a yellow BLM gate. I was wondering if anyone has ever made it up that far? I was fly fishing fall creek above the resevoir all summer and fall. Found some really nice holes that held some rainbows averaging between 15-19". So if anybody has any info on that ladder, let me know.

L
LilCorky
Gate

Gate

That would be Weyerhauser's gate to their timberland. Closed most the time. No entry if open except when they say you can go in. Usually weekends and during hunting seasons.

D
durantmatt
LilCorky said:
That would be Weyerhauser's gate to their timberland. Closed most the time. No entry if open except when they say you can go in. Usually weekends and during hunting seasons.

Alright, thanks for the info. Have you ever been to the fish ladder up there?

Troutski
Troutski
Very cool fish ladder, some very interesting angling opportunities just above the ladder. Of course that is if you like Steelhead and Chinook...;)

Chuck

T
Thuggin4Life
As far as the gate i think you ran into the boy scout gate which does run paralel to the creek for aways but there is another gate that heads up the mountain. IP i guess owns it since they bought out weyrehauser 2 years ago when they shut down shorewood(IP owned) and layed me off. any wyas that road goes way up the creek. think the ladder is 10 miles up on the right. would miss it if you weren't looking. have to almost make a switchback after parking and hike down to it. cool looking ladder with a very cool falls. I have fished up there during the work week and never got harrased by the workers but they will lock the gate on you when its quitting time. trust me i know, good thing my buddy had a roofing torch. anyways i do know a thing or 2 about this creek. you should have walked down to the boyscout camp (tresspassing). I grew up swimming and bbqing at the hole back when it was a small trail. I remember when they first started improving that spot. anyways I might know a thing or 2 about this creek but I will say its not worth fishing or exploring no fish. hit me with a pm for more infor on how to waste an entire day fishing and not catching and getting lost along the creek.

Troutski
Troutski
Thuggin4Life said:
As far as the gate i think you ran into the boy scout gate which does run paralel to the creek for aways but there is another gate that heads up the mountain. IP i guess owns it since they bought out weyrehauser 2 years ago when they shut down shorewood(IP owned) and layed me off. any wyas that road goes way up the creek. think the ladder is 10 miles up on the right. would miss it if you weren't looking. have to almost make a switchback after parking and hike down to it. cool looking ladder with a very cool falls. I have fished up there during the work week and never got harrased by the workers but they will lock the gate on you when its quitting time. trust me i know, good thing my buddy had a roofing torch. anyways i do know a thing or 2 about this creek. you should have walked down to the boyscout camp (tresspassing). I grew up swimming and bbqing at the hole back when it was a small trail. I remember when they first started improving that spot. anyways I might know a thing or 2 about this creek but I will say its not worth fishing or exploring no fish. hit me with a pm for more infor on how to waste an entire day fishing and not catching and getting lost along the creek.

Sounds fishy to me.......:rolleyes:

Chuck

T
Thuggin4Life
just a bit

T
TTFishon
I cringed at the start of the thread. But that's just me.

W
waco
i was trying to goggle it but i can't find this place!!! where is it???

Troutski
Troutski
You will need the special hand shake and password...

Chuck

T
TTFishon
I think it's somewhere in Washington. lol Just think 5 years from now the average fish will be 8-12 inches down from the 15-19 inches it is now. Sorry to be so negative, I can't help it. I'm sure someone will help you locate this fishless stream. lol

G
GDBrown
I thought that was a C&R creek only!

T
TTFishon
GDBrown said:
I thought that was a C&R creek only!

Not sure. I think for part of the year it is and then part of the year you can keep them.

G
GDBrown
TTFishon said:
Not sure. I think for part of the year it is and then part of the year you can keep them.

Point being that if we C&R they will stay at 15 to 19 inches!

D
durantmatt
Some of you have said it's a good stream, and others say the opposite. I fly fished it and had an awesome time. Mostly 10-12", but I've found a couple holes that produced 15-17". I just haven't explored up past those two gates.

B
bigsteel
GDBrown said:
:clap::clap::clap:

T
TTFishon
GDBrown said:

Very true

T
TTFishon
durantmatt said:
Some of you have said it's a good stream, and others say the opposite. I fly fished it and had an awesome time. Mostly 10-12", but I've found a couple holes that produced 15-17". I just haven't explored up past those two gates.

Dude, I want to apologize. I was just being an a$$. I had a bad attitude this morning and sometimes my attitude reflects on to my posts. I have certain beliefs about keeping a place a secret and many on here like to share information. I am one that prefers to share with PM's only. I know the fishing's good there I just don't like to give up my holes to the main board. No biggy, it's my problem. Once again I apologize

Last edited:
Reactions: FishNinja
brandon4455
brandon4455
:lol: you will have to get by the very few fisherman that call that place home.. good luck. they have land mines under rocks, numerous booby traps and guard dogs. not to mention the quicksand pits on every trail that leads to the creek and snipers hiding in the trees.

D
durantmatt
brandon4455 said:
:lol: you will have to get by the very few fisherman that call that place home.. good luck. they have land mines under rocks, numerous booby traps and guard dogs. not to mention the quicksand pits on every trail that leads to the creek and snipers hiding in the trees.

Haha, I can believe it