Lingcod success!

O. mykiss
O. mykiss
I went out to my favorite ar a for lingcod and it did not disappoint. I went 2/2 landing a very nice 28” green colored linger. I still cannot figure out how to get the bass to bite. I have used swim baits of all varieties, shrimp flies, etc. does anyone have any suggestions?

1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Admin
4labs
4labs
End of April it start's to turn on for blacks then they hit anything. Be patient it'll happen.

G
Gulfstream
We couldn't find them Monday

N
Native Fisher
Looks like you were bank fishing, I havent had a lot of luck off the bank for sea bass, the times I have caught them it is always on smaller igs and sometimes bait like sand shrimp...

Reactions: Fishnsleep
F
Fishnsleep
Cool looking fish, bet it tastes awesome. Congrats. Sometimes the black rock fish will school suspended, we got our lings few weeks ago, saw suspended fish on the screen, downsized our offerings, and got the bass pretty quick.

O. mykiss
O. mykiss
I can catch lots of lingcod from the bank but the bass usually elude me or I catch one occasionally. I try fishing all of the water column and I usually have a smaller jig above my lingcod jig and still don’t have much luck. I will keep trying until I crack the code. It’s just a head scratcher since you have to beat the off he hook when fishing from a boat