Lingcod season

T
troutmasta
Winter is coming. Lings are moving in. High pressure has been hard on river conditions but great for the salt fishing. Here's some pics of some razor toothed slabs. Fishing out on lake Newport which is often flatter than Hagg. Cheers

IMG_20191121_171103_148.jpg 20191121_124420(0).jpg IMG_20191114_123034_765.jpg 20191114_115824.jpg 20191113_133309.jpg IMG_20191109_131157_996.jpg 20191106_074633.jpg 20191105_201815.jpg 20191102_080222.jpg

Reactions: jamisonace, troutdude, my2labs and 3 others
Irishrover
Irishrover
Great post. Ocean looks awesome and that's a nice shot of Table Mountain in the ocean picture. Those lings will be nice table fare glad you had a good trip.

Hooked Up
Hooked Up
Great day fishing and look at how flat that water is! Those will be delicious ChefMasta!

I've been across a bar twice, large charter boat and 19ft a boat. 1st time was in the 19 footer we had a lot of sheep show up (new term to me) and headed for port, very exciting.

Reactions: troutmasta
T
troutmasta
Irishrover said:
Great post. Ocean looks awesome and that's a nice shot of Table Mountain in the ocean picture. Those lings will be nice table fare glad you had a good trip.
Thank you sir. It's been a good month or two. We were tuna fishing in early October still. Ocean has been nice.

T
troutmasta
Hooked Up said:
Great day fishing and look at how flat that water is! Those will be delicious ChefMasta!

I've been across a bar twice, large charter boat and 19ft a boat. 1st time was in the 19 footer we had a lot of sheep show up (new term to me) and headed for port, very exciting.
It's been nice, but it can get nasty for sure.

bass
bass
Great report!

my2labs
my2labs
troutmasta said:
Winter is coming. Lings are moving in. High pressure has been hard on river conditions but great for the salt fishing. Here's some pics of some razor toothed slabs. Fishing out on lake Newport which is often flatter than Hagg. Cheers
Really like the variety of photos. Tells the story well.

jamisonace
jamisonace
Awesome post! We’ve been doing unbelievably well on Lings down here. A couple Saturday’s ago we found a spot that produced a keeper every drop. We must have released 15 legal sized lings that day trying to get a bass limit. Ling limits have been easy since about October.

G
Gulfstream
NICE!

Reactions: troutmasta and hobster
hobster
hobster
Right on Jeff, good to see you post. Looks like a great time, just about a perfect day! Good work brotha

T
troutmasta
jamisonace said:
Awesome post! We’ve been doing unbelievably well on Lings down here. A couple Saturday’s ago we found a spot that produced a keeper every drop. We must have released 15 legal sized lings that day trying to get a bass limit. Ling limits have been easy since about October.
Thanks Jamie! Its been pretty crazy up here too. Big ones are starting to move in! Merry X-mas buddy.

Reactions: jamisonace
T
troutmasta
hobster said:
Right on Jeff, good to see you post. Looks like a great time, just about a perfect day! Good work brotha
Thanks Brotha' its good to be back on. I miss the fishy FB. How bout that NFC east...laughing stock of the league right now.

hobster
hobster
troutmasta said:
Thanks Brotha' its good to be back on. I miss the fishy FB. How bout that NFC east...laughing stock of the league right now.
Yeah I was gonna make a joke about that. Eagles are weak, Boys gonna win the division possibly with a loosing record :ROFLMAO: ya never know though, anything can happen in the playoffs