Lincoln City

O
Outdoor_Myers
I got to go to the ocean yesterday and seen a few people with huge rods and some kind of net cage tied to the end at Mo's where they crabbing? and is there any good fishing near lincoln city?

S
solution7
Outdoor_Myers said:
I got to go to the ocean yesterday and seen a few people with huge rods and some kind of net cage tied to the end at Mo's where they crabbing? and is there any good fishing near lincoln city?

Those are crab traps, and I would assume there is some fishing near by Lincoln City starting with the Salmon River... For salt not sure maybe someone here has some info

B
bigsteel
i was wondering the same thing,,,ide love to try saltwater fishing

J
juggernaut506
I don't know about fishing in the bay but about 2 miles off shore there's a great rock pile. They bay does have pretty decent crabbing in it right from the beach on the north side.

T
The Nothing
Beaverly Beach just down 101 a bit is a good spot for some surf perch fishing. Under the bridge in Depoe is good for a variety of rock and lings, though most lings are undersized. Devil's Lake in LC has trout, perch and bass.

B
BlackBass
Outdoor_Myers said:

I wouldnt live in Lincoln city if there wasn't any good fishing around :) I fish the Siletz, Salmon , Nestucca, for salmon steelhead, and fish off the rocks in Depoe bay for Lings, and rock fish. Good crabbing around the mouth of the Siletz, the best times are september through december .

B
bigsteel
im gonna have to try the rock,,,is it right in town there

W
wormosa
BlackBass said:
I wouldnt live in Lincoln city if there wasn't any good fishing around :) I fish the Siletz, Salmon , Nestucca, for salmon steelhead, and fish off the rocks in Depoe bay for Lings, and rock fish. Good crabbing around the mouth of the Siletz, the best times are september through december .
tons of people crabbing at the mouth of the siletz in that time....it is nothing to see 50 to 60 pots in the bay

S
Shallowbay
Lincoln City

Wife and the dogs and I are heading out there tomorrow. Gonna try a little surf fishing. I'm gonna take some sand shrimp and a my normal lures on the advice from a previous post. Any advice on other bait to use out there?
Thanks.

-Shallowbay

L
Last Cast
clam neck works pretty good.

T
The Nothing
clam necks, shrimp, and Gulp sand worms will catch fish

but:
Today
SW wind 25 to 30 kt with gusts to 35 kt... easing to 15 to 20 kt with gusts to 25 kt in the afternoon. Combined seas 17 ft dominant period 16 seconds. Showers and isolated tstms.
Tonight
SW wind 10 to 15 kt...backing to S after midnight. Gusts up to 20 kt. Wind waves 3 ft. W swell 14 ft at 15 seconds. Chance of showers in the evening. Slight chance of showers after midnight.
Thu
S wind 20 to 25 kt with gusts to 30 kt. Wind waves 6 ft. W swell 13 ft at 14 seconds. Slight chance of showers in the morning...then slight chance of rain in the afternoon.

that'll make fishing very tough

F
flyfisherman4
I am heading out to lincoln city with the family. I think I might spend a day or so fishing.:clap: We have a float tube for a lake and waders for streams and rivers. So I need places to fish I have no idea. Any suggestions will be appreciated thanks.:pray:

troutdude
troutdude
Welcome to OFF.

Try Devil's Lake right there in L. City. Kastmater spoons are a good bet. Also anything green, or simply slow-trolling a worm.

And in Newport there is Big Creek Reservoir #2. Don't bother w/ the lower reservoir. But, the upper one (#2) was just stocked w/ trout last week. Just put in right at the dam and scoot around. Trolling a wedding ring w/ worm works well; as do Chartruese Power Eggs/Bait and casting or trolling a Little Cleo wobbler/spoon.

Good luck.

P.S. Big Creek is on the north end of Newport. Just ask where the water treatment plant is, and then travel past the first reservoir to #2.

F
flyfisherman4
Thank you! What about Creeks for fly fishing?

troutdude
troutdude
Sorry, didn't see anything about fly fishing earlier.

I'm not a fly person (bad arm or I would). But, you can check the reg book for the NW section. Many of the coastal range streams opened for fishing TODAY!

WARNING: CAREFULLY read the reg's for any stream that you intend to fish. Many are catch n' release only, artificial flies or lures only, barbless hooks only, etc). Just don't want to see you get a citation.

F
flyfisherman4
thanks for the warning

troutdude
troutdude
U R welcome. Hope you have fun and catch a bunch!

Troutski
Troutski
Splendid

Splendid

troutdude said:
U R welcome. Hope you have fun and catch a bunch!

Nice job troutdude; the essence of this forum; teaching and sharing...Kudos to :clap::dance:you

Chuck

troutdude
troutdude
Thank you kind sir. :)