Lincoln City

F

flyfisherman4

I am heading out to lincoln city with the family. I think I might spend a day or so fishing.:clap: We have a float tube for a lake and waders for streams and rivers. So I need places to fish I have no idea. Any suggestions will be appreciated thanks.:pray:

troutdude

troutdude

Welcome to OFF.

Try Devil's Lake right there in L. City. Kastmater spoons are a good bet. Also anything green, or simply slow-trolling a worm.

And in Newport there is Big Creek Reservoir #2. Don't bother w/ the lower reservoir. But, the upper one (#2) was just stocked w/ trout last week. Just put in right at the dam and scoot around. Trolling a wedding ring w/ worm works well; as do Chartruese Power Eggs/Bait and casting or trolling a Little Cleo wobbler/spoon.

Good luck.

P.S. Big Creek is on the north end of Newport. Just ask where the water treatment plant is, and then travel past the first reservoir to #2.

F

flyfisherman4

Thank you! What about Creeks for fly fishing?

troutdude

troutdude

Sorry, didn't see anything about fly fishing earlier.

I'm not a fly person (bad arm or I would). But, you can check the reg book for the NW section. Many of the coastal range streams opened for fishing TODAY!

WARNING: CAREFULLY read the reg's for any stream that you intend to fish. Many are catch n' release only, artificial flies or lures only, barbless hooks only, etc). Just don't want to see you get a citation.

F

flyfisherman4

thanks for the warning

Top Bottom