Lincoln City this weekend

R
rainbowfisherman
Hi All,
I will be in the Lincoln city area this weekend and would love some info and some places to fish. I was hoping to find some trout. I was wondering if anyone catches trout on the Little Nestucca or Siletz? If it's even open. I wouldnt want to drive more then 45 minutes.

-Thanks
Rainbowfisherman

T
The Nothing
Trout, bass, perch at Devils Lake. Not sure what else is going to be running in the rivers.

S
Shadelady
my GF just got a salmon out of the Nestucca over at 3 rivers- at the boat ramp. its about 35 minutes away.

troutdude
troutdude
Big Creek Reservoir at Newport, is nearby (30 - 45 minutes). Lots of stocked trout in the UPPER reservoir. North end of town. Turn off right across Hwy. 101 from Walmart.

Power Eggs / Bait off the bottom (Chartruese is good). Worms n' scent work well too, as does casting a Little Cleo spoon or Wedding Ring n' Worm combo.

R
rainbowfisherman
Troutdude: I have a float tube, would that help?

troutdude
troutdude
Absolutely! And there is an unimproved boat ramp, that would make put in and take out really easy! The ramp is right next to the dam.

R
rainbowfisherman
A friend told me to try the upper siletz for some trout. I'd rather fish a river so I thin kthat's what I'll do. The only problem is I dont know much about the river at all.

troutdude
troutdude
I'm only familiar w/ fishing the Siletz for steelies and 'nooks. But, I'd think around Moonshine Park would be good for trout. Probably drifting a worm or eggs would be good. Moonshine will be about an hour drive from L. City I believe.

P.S. There is an arm of Big Creek Res. that I have not fished before. I just might go explore it sometime this weekend. If you decide to go there, let me know.