Lincoln City Steelhead bank fishing

J
JTLunker
Besides Devil's lake I am looking for some fishing while on a vacation at Lincoln City. I would like to catch some Salt water rascals of any kind. Or are there any Steelhead bank fishing possibilities? Anything would help.
Thanks.

M
Mokai
Give the Salmon River a try for Steel..It like 5 minutes North of Lincoln City..

C
chris61182
You probably won't catch a steelhead but there are lingcod, rock fish, greenling, and surf perch available from Fisher's Rock just south of Gleneden.

C
cali-visitor
Any results?

Any results?

Catch anything on the Salmon River? Where did you fish? I'll be in Lincoln City next week. I figure I'll try various locations of the bank. Did you fish the Siletz River? I saw it on Google maps, but it's never mentioned in this forum.

Raincatcher
Raincatcher
Cali-visitor, hope the following reort helps. You can find it at Angler Guide: - Henry's Fork Fishing Report. By the way, welcome to OFF! I love fishing in the Siletz mainly because of the diversity of the conditions. Have a great time while you are here and we hope to see a post & pics.
Barb

Siletz River
Sponsored by
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Date 31-Jul-08
Water Condition Oregon Flow Chart
Water Temperature
Fishing - Flies
Fishing - Spinners
Fishing- Bait

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Conditions : SILETZ RIVER: Summer steelhead numbers are continuing to be good the last few weeks and anticipated to continue the next couple weeks until river temperatures rise. Catch rates are still good with best success early in the morning or in shaded sections of the river as water conditions are getting low and clear. Hatchery fish are being recycled back downstream to the Moonshine Park area. These fish have a plastic tag near the dorsal fin. Please report tagged fish to the Newport Office (541-867-4741). Peak returns to the Siletz trapping facility typically occur in July. Drifting jigs and flies or casting spinners and spoons can be very productive. Bait is also allowed; sand shrimp and cured eggs work well. Anglers are advised to leave wild steelhead in the water while releasing. Sea-run cutthroat trout are returning with fair numbers down in tide water. Good numbers typically show over the next few weeks. Resident cutthroat trout can be found in good numbers throughout the basin. Riffles and pools and areas near cool water sources are productive as the river temperatures start to rise. Casting or drifting small lures, flies or bait all work well.
Reported by: Oregon D.F.W

C
cali-visitor
Thanks

Thanks

thanks for the info. are there any particular spots i can fish off the bank. i'm trying to mark spots on my gps. or do you suggest renting a boat? i found the website for the Siletz Moorage. thanks again!!!!

i'll post pics once i get back (if i can get the wife to take them).

Raincatcher
Raincatcher
Siletz

Siletz

I would heartily reccomend renting a boat. There is a place called Coyote Marina (I think) that rents boats for $100+ for eight hours. There is some bank access at Moonshine Park, but not much manuvering room. You do know that you will be in the middle of lots of fishing opportunities, don't you? You can also fish in the bay,you can go into Newport, there's also Yaquina Bac just south of the Silets and quite a few to the north around Lincoln City. Hope you and yours have a great time. Good luck and be safe.
Barb

F
flyfisherman4
The Siletz has some huge fish but the numbers are kinda low