Limited trout opener tomorrow...where ya gonna go?

troutdude
troutdude
Where ya gonna go to chase the trout this weekend? I'm still undecided at the moment. But it's supposed to be a nice day with a high of 63 on Saturday!

Reactions: Admin
troutdude
troutdude
Hagg sounds nice. But it'll have every misfit from Weird Portland out there. Perhaps Olalla and then Big Creek...the saga continues...

DOKF
DOKF
I might head out to Hagg just to catch the comedy show.

• Haha
Reactions: troutdude
No_Bad_Skunks
No_Bad_Skunks
Looking at hitting Odell on Monday.

Reactions: jamisonace, Snopro and troutdude
troutdude
troutdude
I just remembered...and as God as my witness...this actually happened...right before my very own peepers...

Years ago at Hagg, I was hanging out with the bank maggots up the Seine Creek arm. Just kicking bait with Power Eggs OFF the bottom. Just after fellow OFFer Woznaziam (sp?) cruised by in his pontoon boat--and I got to say hello--another vessel came along. It was a kayak with just one paddler inside--CAPTAIN JACK SPARROW! I "kidd" you knot. The dude was completely dressed in the full costuming of the infamous pirate himself. To this day I have often wondered, if I had spied Mr. Depp. Or not. LOL

E
Eazy-E
hagg and big creeks are open year round whats this "limited opener" for? just some places in eastern Oregon? I thought trout was may 22

troutdude
troutdude
@Eazy-E My bad. I thought that I saw, somewhere, that there was a "soft opening" so-to-speak for some streams. Like we USED to have here in Oregon. But the streams don't open until May 22nd. Thanks for bringing it to my attention.

Reactions: Eazy-E
O
olshiftybiscuits
April 22 is a limited opener for a few spots, you're correct TD. The big one is the Lower Deschutes, the section that borders Warm Springs opens up on April 22. Includes popular areas like Trout Creek, Mecca Flats, etc.

Laurance Lake opened on April 22, although it is not accessible at the moment due to snow and a busted culvert that needs to be fixed before the road is traversable.

Wickiup is another, and Odell (which it looks like someone already mentioned above).