Limited out on the nooks!

F
fishingfreak
I went out this morning at 4am and got to my Lucky hole on the Lower Clack. I did not think I would have any luck with Nooks. So I decided to put a Black Corky on with Egg Colored Pop A Top Yarn and Go for Steelhead. About an hour into my Drifting and I get slammed by the smaller one and thought I had a steelhead. Wrong Rookie it was a Nook.:lol: I landed It and almost an Hour later and Slam again. This time the fight was on for more than 3 minutes. I wrangled the big guy close to the shore after about 5 minutes and the fisherman next to me automatically sticks his net out before I have the fish wore out and nets it.:shock:. I was ready to fight the fish for a little while longer., OH well I got him anyway. It Seems I am getting lucky with the Nooks and can't catch the Steelheads now.:think:
Thanks,
LA
7-10-2010NookPics2.jpg7-10-2010NookPics.jpg

B
beaverfan
Way to go on the nook's! Summer Steelhead typically hold in different water than Chinooks. Work the shallow riffles with spoons and spinners to get some Steel! All the ones I've been getting are in about 3 to 4ft of water hiding behind boulders and such in the fast water.

Last edited:
T
Thuggin4Life
Nice fish! That second one is a bright one!

F
fishingfreak
Thanks Guys,
Ya the first one I took the pic in my backyard a couple hours after I caught it (nice little Hen w/eggs). The second was right after the guy netted it and I bonked it and was bleeding it out. The fish are still pretty bright but change colors pretty quick after being out of the water, especially in this heat. There are still a lot of nooks running the river though. It seems on the Clack they are hitting early before the sun is on the water and right after the sun sets. I could not believe the Hen hit in about 3' of water when I was drifting through the big rocks. Thats why I thought it was a stealhead. The big guy I let my corkie and yarn drift into the deep pocket and slam. Fun Times I Love it!
LA

B
beaverfan
Nice you must have got him when he was on the move! I need to get out to the Clack soon, it's hard when the Wilson's producing like it has been.

F
fishfighter
nice fish and don't mind me asking but does that rod happen to be a sage?

F
fishingfreak
Thanks, Its actually an Okuma SST.

LA

F
fishfighter
well looks as good as a sage and I bet it isn't as expensive ether

M
metalfisher76
Way to go man!!:clap:

troutdude
troutdude
Yeah man...NICE CHROME!

C
Cohosanders
You are carrying the torch for the beginner bro:clap: slamming Salmon and slaying Summers:D The clack has been really good to you. Is your freezer full yet?

F
fishingfreak
I Love the Clack! It has always been good to me for Trout! Now its Salmon and Steelhead. Yes my freezer is getting full and I am working on my Dads. Thanks for the Compliment I am just getting very lucky, being very patient, and asking other fisherman lots of questions.
Thanks, Again,
LA

B
bigdog
Man bro your killing them. Seems you have picked up on this fishery very well and very fast. Nice work man real nice work.

CJ

B
bigsteel
you are on fire bro!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

B
bassman503
nice fishes!! I want to join the catching soo bad! Too bad i am iN Cali! I dnnt enjoy catching carp here..Keep them coming!