Limited at Detroit today

R

rainman

Fished Detroit today, on the Flats. My buddy and I both limited out, using power bait eggs. Biggest was 13". I like those eggs, tough, don't come off easily, and they seem to work. Beautiful day with blues sky and no wind.

Last edited:
T

Throbbit _Shane

What color of power eggs do you use? I seem to have better luck with night crawlers or powerbait dough in green and orange mixture. But iv never fished detroit lake, if its near euegen ill fish it soon.

R

rainbowfisherman

so is that where the santiam flows into the lake?

T

TTFishon

Nice stringer of fish. Your lucky a cop didn't see that. You would have gotten a ticket for having more than 5 on one stringer.

T

Thuggin4Life

Nice stringer of fish. Your lucky a cop didn't see that. You would have gotten a ticket for having more than 5 on one stringer.

What so you have to keep each other fish seperate? I always put fish on the same stringer or in a pile on the floor of the boat or in the cooler.

O

OnTheFly

Pretty much how I see it too: Two licences = 10 fish if both lincencees are together.
What did they do, remove Detroit and Big Cliff dams?:shock:

R

rainman

What would the infraction be ?? Over the limit ?? No, we had 5 fish per license, 2 license's, 10 fish.
If we had taken a cooler or bucket to keep the fish in, would we have had to have 1 cooler or bucket for every 5 fish ??
Think I'm calling BS on this one. lol

R

rainman

so is that where the santiam flows into the lake?

Not sure, first time I've fished that far up, altho from the rippin current just below where we parked, I'd say yes. We went through town and then turned right to get to the lake.

R

rainman

Pretty much how I see it too: Two licences = 10 fish if both lincencees are together.
What did they do, remove Detroit and Big Cliff dams?:shock:

Detroit Dam is 141 meters (463 feet) tall, and stores 561 million cubic meters (m3) (455,000 acre-feet) of water in the reservoir at full pool, with a surface area of 14.5 square kilometers (km2) (5.6 square miles). The water-surface elevation of the lake varies by 35 meters (115 feet) or more over the course of a year; it is kept high in summer for recreation, and drawn down in winter to increase the available storage for flood control.... Detroit Lake Water Temperature and Suspended Sediment Model

M

Markcanby

Sad but he is right. Its in the Regs each fisherman needs his own stringer an if you get a real a$$ I mean fine official they can get you for not having an ID Tag on your stinger.

T

Throbbit _Shane

Whats a ID tag? I got my stringer checked earlier this year and didn't have one.

C

chris61182

I have had mine checked before also an never had it but it is in the Regs.

I'd be curious to find out where that is mentioned. I can find no reference to anything like that in the pdf version.

Are you sure you're not thinking of the shellfish and smelt separate container requirement?

O

OnTheFly

Detroit Dam is 141 meters (463 feet) tall, and stores 561 million cubic meters (m3) (455,000 acre-feet) of water in the reservoir at full pool, with a surface area of 14.5 square kilometers (km2) (5.6 square miles). The water-surface elevation of the lake varies by 35 meters (115 feet) or more over the course of a year; it is kept high in summer for recreation, and drawn down in winter to increase the available storage for flood control.... Detroit Lake Water Temperature and Suspended Sediment Model

rainman, I am so, so glad that your response came from a web site and not directly from you regarding my sarcastic statement. I would have started to worry about you.:lol:
(thanks for the info):D

M

Markcanby

I'd be curious to find out where that is mentioned. I can find no reference to anything like that in the pdf version.

Are you sure you're not thinking of the shellfish and smelt separate container requirement?

I have been searching for it also but can't find it but I know I have read it. It may have been posted at a body of water. I know it was some where an had ODFW all over it who else could think of something like that.:lol:

B

bigsteel

the flats on the santiam is a great place,,,the water looks just like it did a couple weeks ago,,it is really low but you can get anywhere

R

rainman

rainman, I am so, so glad that your response came from a web site and not directly from you regarding my sarcastic statement. I would have started to worry about you.:lol:
(thanks for the info):D

It's all good, man. :cool: One shortfall about this type of communication is that while I SEE what you say, I have no idea HOW you said it. And unless I know otherwise, I assume it's tongue-in-cheek. No sense in getting upset over spilt milk(unless you're my ex wife). :lol:

R

rainman

Sad but he is right. Its in the Regs each fisherman needs his own stringer an if you get a real a$$ I mean fine official they can get you for not having an ID Tag on your stinger.

You have got to be kidding me. :shock: So I guess that obeying the catch limit isn't enough, one has to obey it in a certain manner.
Gotta love them politicians and their arcane laws.:protest:

arcane –adjective
known or understood by very few; mysterious; secret; obscure; esoteric.

Top Bottom