Lightweight camp stove

T

TTFishon

Does anyone have a recommendation on a decent lightweight camp stove that doesn't cost $80 bucks?

T

the_intimidator03

like a coleman double burner propane stove? similar to what i have in the shed not being used :p
Ok I just looked at it, It is a Brinkmann double burner

Last edited:
N

nyersa

I have had one of those coleman single burner propane stoves that mounts on top of the little green bottles for years, survived through three 9 week long camping trips in the desert so I think its pretty decent (they run 20-30 bucks last time I checked). I also have one of those little infra-red heater/stove combo units that they sell at bimart, nice for when the wife comes camping with me cause she can warm her hands up on it in the morning before the fire gets going, but they are a bit more expensive if I remember right.

M

metalfisher76

The little MR. Heater would prolly work. Huh, just looked at a newer 1 from ebay for $90??? You should be able to find an older one with just the wire/aluminum fixture around it. I still have 1 somewhere and Ive done breakfast on it. Gotta prop it up with rocks and stuff but it`ll do, and it`s light.

T

TTFishon

The little MR. Heater would prolly work. Huh, just looked at a newer 1 from ebay for $90??? You should be able to find an older one with just the wire/aluminum fixture around it. I still have 1 somewhere and Ive done breakfast on it. Gotta prop it up with rocks and stuff but it`ll do, and it`s light.

Cool. I'll check it out. Thanks

M

metalfisher76

Are you sure ya looked at an old one? The one I have is damn near weightless.

T

TTFishon

I don't think I did. I'm kind of hesitant to order from ebay so I googled it. Not sure if I looked at the same one or not.

M

Markcanby

I saw one ta BI-Mart for 36$ that was just a single burner about 6" round with a tube going to the tank so the burner sits flat. I dont know how heavy it was but I liked how stable it looked. I would be afraid of knocking over one of those that screws onto a tank. Seems a little heavier stove instead extra food would be the way to go.

T

TTFishon

I saw one ta BI-Mart for 36$ that was just a single burner about 6" round with a tube going to the tank so the burner sits flat. I dont know how heavy it was but I liked how stable it looked. I would be afraid of knocking over one of those that screws onto a tank. Seems a little heavier stove instead extra food would be the way to go.

Yeah, I have one of those and I'm thinking I'm just gonna use it. I want to pack as light as I can for a 7 mile hike. That doesn't sound very far but I'm out of shape. What's a couple more pounds? lol

M

Markcanby

Well look at it this way TT on the way out you should be a few pounds lighter.:lol::lol::lol: