Lightningp photos

L

lizardman

From my front yard on 21 Aug 2010

"Utilities (Electric, Water, Gas)..."
IMGP4221.png

"High Voltage"
IMGP4222.png

From 1995 taken with a camera that was then 27 plus years old (35mm Pentax Spotmatic)

Smith Rock
SmithRockLightning1995.png

Enjoy,
Dave

L

lilsalmon

Wow...nice shots...kind of like what we were seeing around Maupin on Tuesday

L

lizardman

Thanks, Lilsalmon.

I love to chase storms when I can.

My mom lives in Redmond and came through Maupin a day or two before the lightning... then she went to Sisters a day or two before the lightning and a couple other places that are now on fire due to lightning strikes.

While it is beautiful I have watched it start fires in areas where it took over an hour to get fire fighters to, and in that time the fire grew from a couple acres to a few square miles (a fire across the Columbia on the Washington side a few years ago... I saw it in my camera and called our sherrif's office to report it... took them 1.5 hours to get to the fire which was outside Plymouth Washington, and a fire west of Madras when I lived there that I watched from the Round Butte area).

Dave

L

lilsalmon

your welcome....I love to watch storms...in fact as we were trying to get our wet camping stuff in the car at Harpham Flats I stopped and was bent over turning my cell on to get more video of the strikes all around us...:D I got some video earlier as I was standing in the river but only managed to get it to facebook and not here...technology...grrrrr

N

nik3451

I love to watch storms too....they seemed to pass me energy