Licensing information

S
SparkyofSoCal
How does the State of Oregon establish start of residency? Is it established by a utility bill, Drivers License or something else?

JasonInBend
JasonInBend
In my experience it varies by department. DMV will want a utility bill or paystub. ODFW just takes you on your word.

S
SparkyofSoCal
I screwed up and did not define fishing/hunting. That is what I was fishing for.

rogerdodger
rogerdodger
http://www.eregulations.com/oregon/fishing/definitions/
Resident: A person who has resided in Oregon at least six months immediately prior to the date of making application for a license, tag or permit issued by the State Fish and Wildlife Commission. Temporary absence from the state for a purpose other than establishing residency outside the state shall not be considered in determining whether a person meets the residency requirement. These requirements are waived for certain active members of the uniformed services and for some foreign exchange students.

as I recall, it isn't a matter of proving how long you have been a resident but stating under penalty of law that you have in fact established permanent residency at least 6 months prior to buying your license/tags.

Reactions: troutdude
S
SparkyofSoCal
Definitions.... didn’t think to look there.

Reactions: rogerdodger