...let me know...

C
c_13_b
Anybody know how to find this place??? I know it is kinda hard to find....I hear it has a lot of big fish...send me a private message if u dont want the whole world to know...haha

C
chris61182
Well the biggest problem is that there are so many darn lost lakes in Oregon. Here's one I found scouring Google Earth the other day, Google Maps: Lost Lake I haven't been there yet but plan to eventually.

C
c_13_b
yeah that must be the one that I have been told of....I have been to that one once when I was a lil kid. I was told that there was one that was pretty hard to find in the mountains off hwy 26, this lake u can pretty much drive right to so I thought maybe there was another one in the area. I hear there are lots of big fish in this lake tho. Thanks for the info...

C
chris61182
Well those are fire and logging roads so it might not be your typical drive right up to. Though like I said I haven't been up there yet.

A
atropos80
lost lake

lost lake

That google map is accurate on how to get there...the logging roads can be a little bumby but wasn't a problem with a 4 cylinder honda. We thought we were lost but the lake pops up out of nowhere. As for the fish (caught all rainbows) can't say they were big but they were plentiful (8-12 inch range)....non stop action. Fishing aside..it is a beautiful spot to relax.

C
chris61182
Awesome! That's always excellent news, thank you!

S
Silverlion
I have wanted to go there since I heard about it. I have finally met a few people that like to fish. Do they permit camping there. I cannot find any real info via the internet. All I find is the lost lake resort(in the wrong mountains). I am looking for areas that I can take the canoe, camp, fish and relax.

M
mgdguy
So you're not looking for the Lost Lake up on Mt Hood? That's the only one I am personally familiar with. Although I believe it's catch and release only now :confused:

S
Silverlion
mgdguy said:
So you're not looking for the Lost Lake up on Mt Hood? That's the only one I am personally familiar with. Although I believe it's catch and release only now :confused:

A guy I work with told me about a Lost Lake in the coastal mtn. range. He showed me pics and I fell in love. He has the GPS coordinates. I will share tomorrow. He said due to tore up logging roads, it is purdy much 4x4 access only. Unless they have worked on them since last summer....
I want to find places to float, fish and camp that are hard to get to. Not that I dislike people, I just dislike large crowds. I go to get away. I'm a small town guy forced into a city.

F
FishSchooler
So many lost lakes... now I truly feel lost... :confused: The lost lake on mt hood is an absolutely beautiful place to fish or just row a boat around. Tons of scenery and crystal clear water, plus tons of beautiful rainbows. I love that lake. Though it does take quite some time to get to, and the signs were about 20 miles apart so you couldnt tell if you had gone too far... :rolleyes: Also theres like 20 miles of unpaved road... :shock: And its like a 1 land unpaved road... :shock:

M
mgdguy
FishSchooler said:
So many lost lakes... now I truly feel lost... :confused: The lost lake on mt hood is an absolutely beautiful place to fish or just row a boat around. Tons of scenery and crystal clear water, plus tons of beautiful rainbows. I love that lake. Though it does take quite some time to get to, and the signs were about 20 miles apart so you couldnt tell if you had gone too far... :rolleyes: Also theres like 20 miles of unpaved road... :shock: And its like a 1 land unpaved road... :shock:

You nailed it Schooler - that is exactly why they call it LOST lake! I spent a month there one cold rainy summer weekend as a kid :rolleyes: After the third day we packed up and Dad drove us over the mountain to Timothy Lake, and it was a beautiful sunny rest of the week. truly bizarre...but a great memorable trip.

Anyway...during the 'on' summer season, I believe the lake campground can get a little crowded with summer family campers. But, a few years back, I went up there alone to camp for a few days during the week. It was the week after labor day, gorgeous fall weather, and the place was DEAD. It was almost like I had the whole site and lake to myself. It was just the solitude I needed at the time. No fish on the line, but lots of time on the water and some good hiking around the lake.

With a family and kids now, sometimes I think I need a few days like that again ;)

S
Silverlion
Here are the GPS coordinates for the Lost Lake in the Coastal Reange. It is in Clatsop county. 45.8239999 deg. N, 123.5790193 deg. W.

Reactions: G8tr
G
gregg
Pretty but no action yesterday

Pretty but no action yesterday

My GPS led me to Lost Lake (Clatsop Co. Version) without a problem. It was back in quite a ways with the last four miles over gravel road. It's posted for no camping. I used Pautzke's Ball o' Fire eggs and didn't even get a bite. It was, however, raining quite unmercifully off and on. There are trails about the lake but blow-down timber has pretty well closed off the far end of the lake without a lot of climbing. Bottom line, it's an exceptionally pretty lake but wasn't productive for me yesterday.

G
G8tr
Slightly older thread and new to the forum but I did just fish lost lake in the Coastal Mtn.'s with my son's last week-end. We limited-out in around 4 hours. They keep it stocked pretty often and generously. Beautiful rainbows, average length for us was 10-12". :D Fish bit hard and often in the early hours but did peter off around noon. Great bobber and fly rod lake...scenery was very nice and there is a bald eagle that lives there who shows his face (and wing span) occasionally. A few canoes in the water late morning, met a guy camping up there which appears to be allowed though signs posted stating no campfires.
I believe there is another lake/pond up there with a lot of native trout, did not go there this go around but it is known as Bloom Lake on mapquest, miught try that again in a couple weeks. Hoppe that helps and enjoy.

C
c_13_b
any updates?? we might be there this wknd...

G
G8tr
Heading back tomorrow with the kids and some frineds. I imagine it will be acked this week-end so we are playing hookie. Last I heard folks were not having much difficulty limiting out and the scenery is amazing. Good luck, hope to see you there.

G
G8tr
Hey C_13_b, note that there is also another small lake around the corner from this one...actually NE-ish as you come in called Bloom Lake. We plan on getting the lines wet there as well. We hear it is full of natives albeit small ones. Good luck again...be safe.

G
G8tr
Spent the day with the kids and a few friends from around 6am to 5pm. Easily caught 50+ fish, no one had any issue limiting out with 10+" so be picky. Perfect day for fishing, probably 10 people throughout the course of the day but I suspect that it will be hopping this week-end.
The lake is shaped like a figure eight so if you park where the ad-hoc boat ramp is then there is a little trail to the left of that which will take you to a small point facing the first large 'pool'. Anywhere is great off of that. If you take the fire road near the porto-potty's to the middle of the lake (to the right of the boat ramp) there is a great point and fishing from anywhere along that area is fantastic as well...the logs will typically dictate where you drop your line.

As for Bloom lake...a lot more difficult to fish. We tried it for a couple hours hitting it form several different points around the lake but had no luck. Definitely saw some minor activity in there (I believe everything is native, no record on stocking this one) but no luck landing anything and no real bites to brag about. the majority of the activity I saw was over in a pool around a stream inlet, you'll hear it and get your feet wet trying to get to it.:D

Hope that helps, keep the lines wet and the rods bent.

G8tr

One other note, my oldest left a star wars hoodie zip-up sweatshirt jacket at lost lake, should anyone come across that (we looked to no avail) PM me.
thx!

T
Troutweiser is lifeblood
FYI, 17 lost lakes in oregon i believe.
the one mentioned here is listed online
at the florence chamber of commerce