wormosa
yesssss more rain pease !!

T
Troutier Bassier
:yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay:yay:

Rain Dance!

M
Markcanby
Well I have checked the river flows an our rain didn't do much.

The Clack raised 4" an .21 cfs

The Sandy raised 1.2" an .18 cfs

Not much of a change to me hope the fish feel different.

F
FishSchooler
Well, the pond overflowed!

B
beaverfan
Hahaha that's crazy! Just over 2/3 of an inch so far here in Beaverton. Should get quite a bit more tomorrow. I'm gonna hit up the mouth of the Clack Monday evening.

F
FishSchooler
It gave our new residents some fresh water :cool:

B
beaverfan
Nice, you get some Catfish?

F
FishSchooler
beaverfan said:
Nice, you get some Catfish?

Not yet.
We put in 8 rosy red minnows and 9 tiny goldfish, just to see how they like the water. Hopefully, they wont get sucked into the pump... :shock:
I was looking in the pond, and I saw something long and thin at the bottom. How did a twig get in? Oh wait... its moving. Turned out to be a giant worm!

T
Troutier Bassier
I say Put carp in There!
There wont be Anything on the Bottom...... ANYTHING!

F
FishSchooler
Troutier Bassier said:
I say Put carp in There!
There wont be Anything on the Bottom...... ANYTHING!

Probably the liner will disappear too. :rolleyes:

I absolutely not put carp in there.

R
Rascal
Im not sure if u want your fish to breed but if u do get the rosy reds out now or they will litterally eat all the goldfish babies. i put some in my koi /gold fish pond and have never had a single koi baby only a bunch of rosy reds

F
FishSchooler
Rascal said:
Im not sure if u want your fish to breed but if u do get the rosy reds out now or they will litterally eat all the goldfish babies. i put some in my koi /gold fish pond and have never had a single koi baby only a bunch of rosy reds

I thought big goldfish eat the rosy's. The goldfish are bigger than the rosy's too.
But just wait until I get some trout it. :cool:

R
Rascal
FishSchooler said:
I thought big goldfish eat the rosy's. The goldfish are bigger than the rosy's too.
But just wait until I get some trout it. :cool:

yea the rosys slaughter the youngs gold and the big golds eat the rosys it a cycle u could say

F
FishSchooler
Rascal said:
yea the rosys slaughter the youngs gold and the big golds eat the rosys it a cycle u could say

Even when rosy's can barely swim?

R
Rascal
Yep u be surprised and i got this info from a pet store owner just to back it up

F
FishSchooler
Rascal said:
Yep u be surprised and i got this info from a pet store owner just to back it up

Oh dear... I better get some trout fast.
Good thing the goldfish/rosy's were 13 cents each :cool:

B
beaverfan
Here's a quote from Mark Nelson, Fox 12's chief meteorologist from his weather blog. Sounds like it could be an interesting day.
"Sunday could be a little crazy with heavy showers, some thunderstorms, and a classic setup for funnel clouds too. These will be the quick-moving “spring-type” thundershowers that come from the west, not the fun summertime southerly storms. But keep your eyes open Sunday!"

F
FishSchooler
Funnel clouds... uh oh :shock:

I went out to see the pond just now, all 9 golds and all 8 rosy's are living well! Even that freaken worm that got into the pond somehow is wriggling to and fro. A few of the rosy's seem to be interested in the worm, and are I guess "teaming up" against it. All of them seem to enjoy the goldfish flakes too.

B
beaverfan
Nice, raising fish is a lot of fun. Having your own pond is way better than any aquarium. Have you thought of putting bluegill or anything like that in there.

F
FishSchooler
beaverfan said:
Nice, raising fish is a lot of fun. Having your own pond is way better than any aquarium. Have you thought of putting bluegill or anything like that in there.

Maybe bluegill, but not too much right now!
We put in the tiny fish to see if the water is fine for fish, but we havent installed the filter yet (the UV light came cracked...)