Leaving your junk behind.....

D
Damon79
I know most of us on here have run into this at one time or another and just thought I would bring up a touchy subject to some. I just fished the Siuslaw on Sunday and when I got to Wildcat landing my wife found about 1/2 pound of cured eggs thrown on the ground. Now this is the second trip in a row on the same drift that we have got to wildcat and found a pile of dog sickening bait. Last time it was a huge pile of raw prawns and a bunch of sand shrimp laying by the crapper. There is a lot of people including myself who take their dogs fishing with them and this crap can kill a dog, and will most likely at least make them VERY sick.. More people should have to see what happens to a dog with Salmon poison, and I guarantee they would think twice before thowing eggs down for a dog to get ahold of. Please, if you see someone throwing bait down that a dog could get, say something to them. If they refuse to pick it up, then do us ALL a favor and pick it up and get rid of it. As for me, my wife found those eggs this weekend and they came home with us because they are very nice cured eggs.. There is a lot of people who love to fish and utilize the facilities to do so, but are total slobs and throw their garbage down, leave line all over the ground, beer cans, etc, etc. There is a huge pile of junk on the bank just above the island below Whitaker that I will be picking up next time I go down there if someone has not already done it. A small handfull of people that dont care, can and will ruin it for all of us. I think that is partly why Lane County made Wildcat a 'day use fee' area, (which I refuse to pay when they dont maintain the ramp or even provide a trash can for garbage) because so many people were leaving huge messes. Anyway people, we have to work together to try and stop this and we need EVERY BODY'S help.

T
Thuggin4Life
Yeah I seen the mess on the bank. My dog ate a sand shrimp or two she found in the sand there. I was suprised there wasn't a garbage can at the ramp but someone left a bag next to the bucks so I but my garbage in it and close the bag back up. Some people really know how to ruin a good thing.

Last edited:
Raincatcher
Raincatcher
X2!! :clap: :protest: :naughty: :protest: :( :protest: :mad:
:rolleyes: :wall: :pray: :wall: :pray: :wall:

J
jdflores311
Agreed!!

J
JeannaJigs
The bank along stagecoach is even worse. I usually pack out a 40 gallon bag of crap when I fish it, and it doesn't even make a dent. People are disgusting slobs.

O
OneMore
I know this topic has been discussed a lot but PICK UP YOUR TRASH PEOPLE! Beer can, cig butts, line tangles, bait, blue fox packages. Its very frustrating when you hike in to your favorite spot only to find a butt load of garbage! I mean come on you packed in those beer cans FULL now they are empty and light PACK THEM OUT!!!!!! I will have to say im a smoker and I happen to have a beer or three when fishing but carry it out with you! All those cig butts on the bank float right into the water when it raises, in turn killing those fine fish you are trying to catch! Every seen trout jumping trying to eat a cig butt? I have!!! Every seen your favorite fishing hole closed or a no drinking sign put up? Want more fishing access on private land? Then PICK YOUR S*@T up people!!!!!!! :mad:

jamisonace
jamisonace
Amen

F
fishfor life
:(It is sad to see garbage all over the ponds and rivers where we fish,i tend to pic up a bag or two of garbage,beer cans,popp cans,plastic bags.etc...lets do our part to have the waters clean..:(:(:.

Last edited:
D
Dweller
I try to pack out more than I packed in, but this thread is making me think I should toss a small garbage bag in the tackle box to make it easier to do.

Thanks for the thread!