Leaving for the mid-west in a few days...

Raincatcher

Raincatcher

Less than 50 feet from the Santiam River! :)
I will be heading out toward the mid-west in the next few days. I "met" my road trainer on another forum...:shock: gasp!! ;) Yep, met him on Trucking Jobs, Companies, CDL Schools, Info | TheTruckersReport.com and we hit it OFF right away. He will be here in the next day or so and then we're outta here!! I won't be home until I put 17,000 miles on his truck. They give us up to 35 days to do it, but say it shouldn't take much more than 28 days.
Did I mention they taught me how to parallel park a 72' rig?? :shock::dance: A real kick in the pants, I'll tell ya! :lol: Anyway, I'm in class for a full day tomorrow then could possibly be leaving Wed. afternoon. I'll keep you updated as much as I can while I'm out there gawking at everything.

G

GraphiteZen

On the road agaaaiinnn. I can't wait to get on the rooad agaainn..

Congrats Barb!

brandon4455

brandon4455

have fun out there barb ! by the way you will find that carls junior has a different name. i wont spoil it for you.

troutdude

troutdude

I'd keep my eyes peeled for a Chick-Fil-A, if I was on the road.

Have fun, and don't mow down any bears!

brandon4455

brandon4455

a little story about hitting stuff. not to be off topic or anything . me and dad were in missouri headed for the prime trucking inc. millenium building and it was around 1am. we were both tired and dad had drank and energy drink and had music blasted and was slappin himself int e face every once in awhile and i was in pain from acid reflux (i think thats how you spell it?) and i was drinking some arizona rasberry tea. i started to get tired and laid down in the back. soon enough i fell asleep. only to be woke up by a smash and shake making me fall to the floor. we quickly pulled over to the shoulder and ran into the field sheilding outselves from oncoming traffic. looking out onto the road was a mess. a huge 1200lb plus black cow escaped from a farm near the road and was standing there. and it was dark so dad din't see it. there were a few bones and a bit of blood on the ground and fur in the trucks grill. and the front end was totally smashed in and spewing steam. another lady hit the cow and almost flipped and she have pulled over behind us. we all three stood in the feild watching in horror as other cars hit the cow and went out od control. even a car with a trailer (idk why the hell a car had a trailer on it) almost came off road and hit us. the whole scene was very scary and dangerous. we waited about an hour for the towtruck guy who was pretty funny. as we got in his cab it was COLD!!!! i was like,, let me grab my jacket its freezin in here. so we drop the truck off and grab one pair of clothes ,some food and some other stuff. only to come back to the truck finding most of our stuff stolen from the "chopshop i lost a weather radio device worth around $30 and my favorite volcom and DC shirts worth about $20 a peice. i know i didn't have to tell the cow story to get my point across but i thought it was pretty cool so barb, make sure you take ALL of your stuff with youb that you can when you break down (it will happen eventually trucks mess up a lot) that way you dont get robbed by a bunch of bogus tow truck guys. wow..that was a long post my fingers hurt LOL.

H

Hawk

Every time i drive my ol' motorhome, i play "on the Road Again" by "Willie".
hahahaha
:lol::lol::lol::lol:
:cool:

Drive safely Sis
Have FUns :)

L

lilsalmon

Yay Barb!!!! Enjoy and be safe....if you spot a Taco John's ya gotta stop....best food ever.....try the Apple Grande...hehe....just thought I would throw in my 2 cents......

A

autofisher

If you're in Wisconsin..... Don't pass up a chance to grab some cheese curds from a culvers..... in Illinois try hitting up a Steak N Shake or a White Castle or two...... Let me know if you pass through Racine...... well make sure you give a certain someone the "bird" for me. :lol: Love ya Mom.... Hope you have a blast.

Raincatcher

Raincatcher

Thanks everyone. It's always good to know I can find encouragement and friendly advice here. I'm up at 3:00 doing laundry now. This Ramada is so far from a four star hotel! We've had to ask for everything we need, towels, floor vacuumed, drinking glasses, you name it. There are only two washers and two dryers for the 85 Central drivers and all the other guests. Not good! But...I know a lot of truck stops will be even less grand, so I'm just taking it in stride. :D
I found out I will be in a 2009 Peterbilt 387!! That is a really good truck and very roomy. Now I won't need to mail anything back home. My trainer is a 26 year old from Michigan. He seems very nice...on the phone, at least. Just hope I never need to "Granny Smack" him... ;):lol::lol:
Time to switch the laundry to the dryers...talk to y'all later.

H

Hawk

If your in Wisconsin, stop at one of the Friday Nite FishFry's. They are always GReat. :lol::lol::lol:

Get Summer Sausage & cheese at a Deli...

Take care.

Raincatcher

Raincatcher

Left St. Louis MO yesterday for a leisurely drive to Indianapolis and spent the night at a Pilot truck stop. Leaving this morning for Grand Rapids, Michigan. Taking two days OFF so my trainer can spend down time with his family. Loving it so far!! I got my trainer, Nathan totally hooked on Angry Birds this morning...lol. Oh, for all you ladies, he is a total hotty. Just sayin.....

Top Bottom