Learning the Wilson

L
learningtheropes
Hey, I am new the area and have been going out to the Wilson when I can. Does anyone know at what stage or flow the Wilson fishes best. I have spent most of my time around mile market 6 - 12 but any info you can give me would be really appreciated.

H
here2fish
learningtheropes said:
hey, i am new the area and have been going out to the wilson when i can. Does anyone know at what stage or flow the wilson fishes best. I have spent most of my time around mile market 6 - 12 but any info you can give me would be really appreciated.

4-5.5

L
learningtheropes
thanks! I have been looking at the Advanced Hydrologic Prediction service graphs and trying to make all that make sense in my mind so that will help. When you say 4 - 5.5 is that looking at the FLOW side (Right side of the chart)?

L
learningtheropes
Thanks GDBrown...I'm not trying to cheat but any information that helps is great. I just found this site today so i will poke through it and see what all i can find. Thanks again.

H
here2fish
learningtheropes said:
thanks! I have been looking at the Advanced Hydrologic Prediction service graphs and trying to make all that make sense in my mind so that will help. When you say 4 - 5.5 is that looking at the FLOW side (Right side of the chart)?

sorry, feet, being on the left side of the graph.

G
GDBrown
Oops!

Oops!

learningtheropes said:
Thanks GDBrown...I'm not trying to cheat but any information that helps is great. I just found this site today so i will poke through it and see what all i can find. Thanks again.

I did not intend it to be a reprimand! It can take a while to get replies to posts, if you are in a hurry searching is faster.

Welcome to the Best Forum site in Oregon.:yay:

The Wilson fishes great from 4.0 to 7.0 feet if the water is not chocolate milk in color. All the rivers fish best when the river level is falling after a freshet. Like it is right now!

Wilson River Hydrograph This is the site I use for the Wilson. :)

The Stage (ft) is on the left and the Flow (cfs) is on the right. If you note the flow rate at 4.0 ft and 7.0 ft you'll see that it amounts to about 10X the water in the river at 7 as there is at 4! There is good reason to be very cautious as the river level increases.

GD

Last edited: