Lawnmower help

T
TTFishon
I'm having trouble getting my mower started. Was wondering if anyone had any ideas on what might be the problem. I made the mistake of leaving e10 gas in the tank all winter so I siphoned the gas out and added new gas. It starts with one pull but runs for just a few seconds just long enough to burn up the primed gas. Any thoughts?

F
fish4life
I would check the air filter to make sure its not clogged, maybe change spark plug and if that dosnt work you might have a hole or crack in one of the fuel lines or diaphram where it is sucking air.

T
Throbbit _Shane
On ours you got to hold down the bar then push forward a piece by the gas tank to get it started. that probably doesn't help lol

T
TTFishon
fish4life said:
I would check the air filter to make sure its not clogged, maybe change spark plug and if that dosnt work you might have a hole or crack in one of the fuel lines or diaphram where it is sucking air.

I cleaned the filter. It's weird, with the filter off and a piece of card board covering the hole it will run but very weak. So I poked a hole in the card board and it runs better but still not at full power, then when I remove the card board it runs a full power for a few seconds and dies.

S
SALTYFISH
My guess would be the carburetor! Any thing that sits for a extended amount of time the gas in the carb will dry up and leave a residue in there clogging all the little ports. My father let his stuff sit be for i moved up here and i had to fix chainsaw,weed eater,generator, motorcycle,power washer,and the lawnmower.all because the carbs were gummed up. If u can or know how try taking it OFF and take it apart and clean it with chemtool b12.See how that works!

T
Thuggin4Life
take the carb apart and clean out all the jets or watever with the proper tool or a saftey pin or paper clip or whatever you got. also blow the parts out/off with an air compressor if possible. I got a free mower that wouldnt start. cleaned the carb and is a good runner. left a full tank of e10 in it all winter and it started first pull. also check the plug. my understanding with mowers over winter they are best to sit with a full tank or no tank. never just a bit of gas in them.

Last edited:
T
TTFishon
Thanks for the input guys. I'll tear into that sucker tomorrow.