Lava Lake Resort/Lodge

I
ICamel49
Anyone heard from the folks at Lava Lake Lodge/Resort? I have tried their telephone number multiple times each day with no answer. Kind of tells me that it is still not open? Sure would like to get up there by mid week.

There is an interesting comment on Hoodoo's website for Little Lava Lake that indicates "The Lava Lake Resort next door to the campground is nice, but in transition with ownership, or at least so we have been told by the current owners." Anybody have more details?

B
Bad Tuna
From what I understand, it's still snowed in. Road hasn't been plowed that far.

J
JeannaJigs
Probably won't be open until memorial weekend. I talked with them last year and they consistently have it plowed and good to go at the resort every year with memorial day being opening weekend, unless light snow fall permits earlier access.

No_Bad_Skunks
No_Bad_Skunks
As I understand it, Big Lava is still frozen over, or at least it was as of last week.

I
ICamel49
Talked with the roads supervisor at Deschutes County first thing this morning. The snow gate is still closed and will not be opened until the folks at Lava Lake Resort tell them that they are ready to open. They do have the road plowed from the south to Elk Lake, but he said there is still approximately seven feet of snow.