Launch etiquette rant

jamisonace
jamisonace
@Aervax made me think of an experience on Saturday. The cluelessness of people boggles the mind sometimes.

When we finished our Umpqua float on Saturday there were two rafts launching and had both rafts and all their gear spread out all over the ramp. One drift boat was already waiting and so we decided, since this guy was going to be awhile, to run up and get my truck from where we launched. We got back to the ramp 20 minutes later. The dude was still on the ramp but there we two more drift boats waiting to pull out. In total, 4 boats and 8 people waiting on this dude.

One of the rafts was gone and there was just enough room for me to squeak in so I was able to pull out. No clue how long that guy stayed on the ramp and I dont know if anyone else was enough of an a-hole like me to squeeze up next to his raft to get out.

Please get your $hit ready to go before you put your truck on the ramp.

Reactions: fromthelogo
fromthelogo
fromthelogo
Preaching to the choir brother. On the other hand, when I was getting ready to pull out at Cedar Oak on Wednesday, a splash and giggle boat was backing down the ramp. Just as the boat was entering the water, the guy in the boat started it and the guy backing the trailer hit the brakes and the boat slid off the trailer. The guy in the boat idled out of the way and waited off to the side for the other guy to park the trailer. I think their whole launching time from when they started backing down the ramp to when they were out of my way was 30 seconds. Most impressive launch I ever witnessed. On the other side of the ramp, a couple took 15 minutes loading their kayaks and gear onto the top of their care while parked in the middle of the ramp.

jamisonace
jamisonace
fromthelogo said:
Preaching to the choir brother. On the other hand, when I was getting ready to pull out at Cedar Oak on Wednesday, a splash and giggle boat was backing down the ramp. Just as the boat was entering the water, the guy in the boat started it and the guy backing the trailer hit the brakes and the boat slid off the trailer. The guy in the boat idled out of the way and waited off to the side for the other guy to park the trailer. I think their whole launching time from when they started backing down the ramp to when they were out of my way was 30 seconds. Most impressive launch I ever witnessed. On the other side of the ramp, a couple took 15 minutes loading their kayaks and gear onto the top of their care while parked in the middle of the ramp.
That's perfect. I do the same thing with my sled. The truck literally stops long enough to go into drive and he's off the ramp. As for the kayak couple are they clueless or just have no respect for others? I scratch my head about that question every time I see that.

I have no patience so I'm probably an exception to the rule but I've told multiple people to get out of their truck and let me back it down the ramp after I see them struggling and I'm waiting. I've had some guys embarrassed but no one has ever gotten mad.

D
Diamond Lake Charlie
I have no patience with rude people or people who just don't know and I will say something about it to people. Often I will THANK THEM but not in a real polite way. Have I P.O. people, well more than one, yeah I see somebody about my patience but not often.