Latest fishing reports

hobster

No web sources, one day might be smokin and the next day dead. Make you own reports! ;) Having buddies on the river you can contact doesn’t hurt either. Besides, if fishing is good usually people won’t post about it anyway. Shhhh

C_Run

No web sources, one day might be smokin and the next day dead. Make you own reports! ;) Having buddies on the river you can contact doesn’t hurt either. Besides, if fishing is good usually people won’t post about it anyway. Shhhh
Agree. Look at river levels, take the calendar into consideration, and then go or don't go. If I am going to try something totally new to me, I will look at old posts on various forums.

hobster

I do check the numbers going over Willamette falls for steelhead and nook, not really a fishing report but a web source.

pinstriper

I'm holding hands with Hobster. Read reports for what conditions were, then check sources for current conditions and then go make your own report.

A lot of people ask for fishing reports like they are checking the grocery store ads for what's on sale, as if the fish are going to wait for you to get there. The "hot bite" last minutes and then stops.

I don't worry about 'secret spots' as there aren't any secrets anymore. But people, come on. Check the regs for season, check the river levels and fish counts, check the tides and weather. Then go fishing !

my2labs

Most Featured
Theguidesforecast.com

Locally.... I’m on the Hobster bandwagon. Learn how your local waters work with weather and fish runs.

However,

When heading to unfamiliar waters, or to waters that require some significant travels, TheGuidesForecast has been very nice to have. Local reports for almost every Oregon river for a measly $25/year. When I head to southern OR waters, I want to make sure my trip will be worth it.

I mostly agree with everyone about making your own report. My Dad always said, "you can't catch them sitting on the couch". That being said, some of us have limited time with few days a year to fish, and need to maximize our efforts. It isn't that we are looking for a secret spot or "grocery store" reports, but rather what water is really worth the 2-4 hour drive. The potential of a location based on current knowledge is way better than guessing based on historic data. Someone can then take that information and factor in the forcasted weather, tide, surf reports to make an educated guess. The OFF site is generally a great group of folks whom like to share fishing advice, furthering interest in the activity. Lets keep it up!

my2labs

Most Featured
The OFF site is generally a great group of folks whom like to share fishing advice, furthering interest in the activity.
Agreed!

“. That being said, some of us have limited time with few days a year to fish, and need to maximize our efforts. It isn't that we are looking for a secret spot or "grocery store" reports, but rather what water is really worth the 2-4 hour drive. The potential of a location based on current knowledge is way better than guessing based on historic data.”

I like what you said here. The site is certainly NOT made for people to answer to the question of, Where are your secret spots?.... (or any question to the effect.) However, if a person is willing to spend the time reviewing OFF posts to make an educated decision of where to fish to avoid “driving two or more hours” only to find that fish are not present, then OFF is an excellent resource!

Just like all of us who have walked and continue to walk thousands of miles of river bank to learn about fishing, all that OFFERS (only speaking for the few that I have had this discussion with, not everyone) want is for people to put in some time and research to be successful. Be it on the water, or on this amazing resource we call OFF.

Additionally, if you only want to go fishing to catch..... IMO... you are missing the best part of it all!

Cheers.

for ads free experience.

Top Bottom