latest coho counts W. Falls

B
bigfootfish
Yeppers the coho are on the run. They finally updated the Willamette Falls Counts up to about 5 days ago. A total as of the 23rd of 7921 coho ho ho ho so far.

BFF

O
Outdoor_Myers
And I couldnt get even 1 of those almost 8k to bite on the willamette on saturday >.< I suck at salmon fishing :(

B
bigfootfish
welcome to the exclusive OFF-no-coho club!

welcome to the exclusive OFF-no-coho club!

Outdoor_Myers said:
And I couldnt get even 1 of those almost 8k to bite on the willamette on saturday >.< I suck at salmon fishing :(

Welcome to the exclusive OFF-no-coho(yet!) club. In the Willamette, I mean. I still haven't caught a coho that was not dark. I've heard through other sources than OFF that people are hookin' off the Roger's Landing dock in Newburg. I need to get down there soon. My upcoming d-vorce is going to impact on my fishing I'm afraid. At least is appears that it won't be a nasty d-vorce. I'm glad 'cause no-contest d-vorces are cheapest. I'm looking forward to being free and single again. I can hardly wait!:pray::D
Looking at the Roger's Landing County Park on GoggleMaps I notice that it is located on the outside bend of the river there. I must conclude that salmon and perhaps steelhead will swim on the outside bends of rivercourses. I'ts faster water than the inside bends but the outside should be deeper.
Anyone else got an opinion on this?

BFF

Last edited:
M
Mike123
The 3 in my cooler(avatar pic) are no longer part of the count. haha. :D :D
Me and Jeanna decided to take a few home for the BBQ. Oh did I mention all the EGGS we got?! ;)

Oh they are CHROMERS too!! I didn't see a single darkie!

J
JeannaJigs
Mike123 said:
The 3 in my cooler(avatar pic) are no longer part of the count. haha. :D :D
Me and Jeanna decided to take a few home for the BBQ. Oh did I mention all the EGGS we got?! ;)

Oh they are CHROMERS too!! I didn't see a single darkie!

Yeah what he said. Mine is marinating, about to go on the grill tonight. Bright, bright red meat.

L
lilsalmon
Good job Mike and Jeanna.....

O
Outdoor_Myers
hey mike! let me know when you want to meet up maybe next week is the only free time I might have really busy rest of this week! hey maybe bigfoot you and me can hit the water together?! lets get him a fish and make him happy lol

M
Mike123
I have school M-F... so weekends are my only days off. :( Hopefully I can get out once a week.. lol. Which is no way enough to keep me content.

B
bigfootfish
Outdoor_Myers said:
hey mike! let me know when you want to meet up maybe next week is the only free time I might have really busy rest of this week! hey maybe bigfoot you and me can hit the water together?! lets get him a fish and make him happy lol

Man, I'd love nothing better than doing that. However....my d-vortex is going to take up a lot of my time. Dang! Hey! what is life all about for an angler if you can't go fishing? What days do you have off/available, again? I have this Thursday and Friday off, but I have to sleep Thursday morning late since I get OFF work at about 2 a.m. Sucks.

BFF