Late report. 4/8/11

S
SALTYFISH
Went out with my guide buddy Hookem'up Larry HOOK'EM UP GUIDE SERVICE Portland, Oregon
The first day they reopened it after the short closure. Made 2 passes trolling water was way to fast. We decided to anchor, posted up in 20 ft. Then he started getting reports of fish being caught in 10ft or shallower. so we decided to go shallower , he started realing in his poll. And as i started walking for mine WHAM,WHAM,WHAM,fish on.This was my first trip of the year and i only had 3 hrs in before P40712302010_spring.JPGspringer.jpg i got this fish so i feel really lucky on such a $$$$$ year.

L
lilsalmon
suh-weet.....Good job. that is a beautiful fishy :clap:

J
JeannaJigs
The run is crap this year, you won the lotto. I've put in I don't even know how many hours with nothing to show for it but about $300 in gas receipts.

Reactions: bigsteel
brandon4455
brandon4455
noice fish !

Reactions: bigsteel
B
Bad Tuna
Beautiful fish! I think it's a great run this year, lots of early, big fish. A few people i know have 20-30 fish in their boats already. This high water has really put a crimp in everyones style though. Looking forward to spanking them soon too.

Last edited:
P
Phil_Bud
Springer Envy.
Awesome fish

troutdude
troutdude
That is a bootyfull fish. Nicely done!

Diehard
Diehard
"wow" chromeosity gorgeous fish thats what springer dreams are made of

B
bigsteel
:clap::clap::clap::clap:

Reactions: brandon4455
S
SALTYFISH
Bad Tuna said:
Beautiful fish! I think it's a great run this year, lots of early, big fish. A few people i know have 20-30 fish in their boats already. This high water has really put a crimp in everyones style though. Looking forward to spanking them soon too.

Yes the high off color water is what hurt every body the most this year.I seen so many people trolling and they were going 100 mph like:think:.U would think eventually they would figure it out ,but i guess not.

S
SALTYFISH
JeannaJigs said:
The run is crap this year, you won the lotto. I've put in I don't even know how many hours with nothing to show for it but about $300 in gas receipts.

Yea, ur telling me. I really do feel like i won the lotto,Or maybe it's all the time i put in last year

T
Thuggin4Life
Nice fish we were up there on saturday with nothing to show for it.

S
SALTYFISH
Thuggin4Life said:
Nice fish we were up there on saturday with nothing to show for it.

If u make it back up there before it closes again,Try anchoring in 15ft or shallower, real close to the bank.Another tip plug cut herring work great on anchor to:cool:bounce it back just like u would a kwikfish!!

B
bran_man
SUPER JEALOUS!!! NICE FISH! I have been absolutely DYING to get into some springers. I need to get up north! I've been catching early summer steelies around eugene/springfield, but I need a salmon! I would do terrible, unforgivable things to hook into a big springer! ha ha j/k but I do want to catch one extremely bad!