Late photos ....... sorry

S
Spydeyrch
Ok, so I know this is kind of late, well ..... actually REALLY late!!! :rolleyes:

But better late than never, right. hahahaha :lol:

So back in December (yes you read that right, December .... Don't give me that look!!! :mad: hahahaha :lol:) in between Christmas and New Years, I took some friends of mine out fishing to Horning's hideout.

They are missionaries from our church and are not from around here. One of them is actually from Brazil!! Very cool!! :cool: :clap:

So anyway, I took them fishing up at horning's hideout.

The missionary from brazil had never fished once in his life, not even held a rod .... ever!!!!

One of the other missionaries talked the talk but could not walk the walk, :think: or is that cast the cast? :think: :lol: He talked it up and down on the ride there and while we were there. But .... as you will see, his talking didn't get him far! :naughty: He was the only one out of all of us that didn't get single fish, not even a bite!! And supposedly he had fly fished for years with his dad and grandpas on the snake in Idaho. Well, I guess that if you blab your mouth too much, you scare the fish, right. :D

The other missionaries had done some fishing before but never anything big or memorable.

We hit the lake around 7am and fished until like 11:30am. They were using night crawlers with my 2 trout spinning rods and one rod from the place. I was using my fly rod and the "talker" was using my other fly rod. Supposedly he knew how to use a fly rod ....... right!! :lol:

So get this, the brazilian guy who had never fished before, he landed the two biggest fish out of all of them caught that day, and caught 3 fish before anyone else!!! He was using my lucky super light trout rod so I figured it was more luck than anything else. hahahahaha. He out fished all of us, my self included!!! I didn't get a single thing on my fly rod, but after I switched to my lucky spinner rod, on the second cast, I had the 3rd largest fish of the day!! And then another on the 4th and 5th consecutive casts. Man those fish really like night crawlers!! :dance:

But here are some photos. The trout were fat for being private stockers!!!! And man were they delicious!!! Yum Yum!!!

P1000049.jpgP1000050.jpgP1000051.jpgP1000052.jpgP1000053.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Troutski
S
Spydeyrch
More pics ......

P1000054.jpgP1000055.jpgP1000056.jpgP1000057.jpgP1000058.jpg
P1000062.jpgP1000061.jpgP1000060.jpgP1000059.jpgP1000063.jpg

Oh, and part of the lake was frozen over so we really only had a limited area to fish, but we found the fish and it was a blast!! Their faces lit up like it was the 4th of July!! It was a ton of fun to see them get all excited like little kids!! hahahahahaha :lol:

Sorry the report is so late. :D

Take care everyone!!

-Spydey

Last edited:
B
bigsteel
:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

Troutski
Troutski
What life is all about, sweet memories... thanks for the pictures and a great post..

Chuck

J
jabs67
Well done!!!! Great pics!!!!! :clap:

B
b70turner
Boy, if I had a fish picture for every time I was certain I could get one, my hard drive would be full. I learned to talk a lot less over the years!

Looks like great fun, though. :clap:

troutdude
troutdude
U R duh man Mr. Spidey! Most eggscellant...er...um...wormscellant!

bass
bass
Very cool of you for getting them out there! Glad to see it was a fun trip with lots of fish.