Late January on the Wilson

G
GDBrown
I'm going down this afternoon and will be fishing up high in the system since I don't want to drive very far. More a scouting trip than real serious fishing but I need to get out of the house.

Has anyone been on the Wilson the last week or so, since the high water? What did you find and what were you looking for. There was mention of Chinook in both the Wilson and the Kilches today on Outdoor GPS. Any of you seen those big bruisers out there?

GD

GungasUncle
GungasUncle
Nookies would be spawning or spawned out at this point - though some claims of a few bright fish down low being caught - while there might be some salmon left in there, they're probably all dark, ragged out boots by now.

The earlier steel should be high in the system by now - so there should be something to catch. Wish I was fishin myself, but today is my Monday :( Good luck
!!

N
n8r1
Good luck on the Wilson! I'll be fishing this afternoon as well, but I'll be 4 rivers North of you.

B
bigfella
wilson on sat.

wilson on sat.

I am hitting the wilson tomorrow, first thing, with high hopes. Thinking about fishing around the forestry center. I will report.

B
beaverfan
I think I might be out there tomorrow too, really want to try the little north fork!

G
GDBrown
Water is looking better, starting to color up again after being gin clear earlier in the day. Was raining the whole time I was down there. I didn't really try fishing, more exploring to see what has changed. a lot!
There are new trees in the river in many locations and gravel bars have moved everywhere. I didn't get down below the Bridge Trailhead area but where I did stop there were changes in all the places you would expect.

Several people were fishing but I didn't see any fish on the bank. Good luck to those of you who try tomorrow.

GD

C
cddunn
0 for 2 today on the Wilson. Last cast of the day was native steel. Seemed like a fair amount of people on the water today.

L
Lamzy
I was down last Tue. to MP12. The water looked gooder that the week before. Lower and clearer.
Got no fish but the sun was shining, so the trip was a winner.
I am new to steelheading so my flys and technique are a work in process. But fishing is a good reason to get out and about.