Last weekends bass

F
Finneus Polebender
Finally got my stuff switched PC wise so can throw up pics . Thanks TR for gettin another of my sons out on your little gem , we will have to see if the lower water will actually be a negative impact ,good thing is you gave them time to spawn first so till the next trip here are last sat, pics at least the bigguns/ pesky just over 4 lbers LOL. 021.jpg020.jpg023.jpg025.jpg022.jpg024.jpg027.jpg026.jpg

T
tomriker
i convinced my dad to wait till after the spawn to start draining :) but it's not going down very fast atleast, it's just the weeds are going to be thick cuz it's shallow

S
sherman
Thanks for sharing the pics polebender.

How far down do you drain it TR? You still going to plant some trees along the outlaws side? lol
Should we call you fish hearder. Going to heard all those bass into a smaller pond for easy pickins.

C
Coastaldweller
What kind of pond/lake do you have TR? Old mill pond, quarry or just used for irragation?

brandon4455
brandon4455
noice fish :clap:

T
tomriker
irrigation pond now

L
lilsalmon
nice fishes boys.....gonna have to find me some bass water....still determined to get one on a fly...I hear it is done all the time...:D

H
Hawk
Nice Job Bro's.
Those are some beauties.

:clap::clap::clap:
:dance::dance:
:rolleyes::rolleyes:
:D:D

T
Texas Basser
Well done and sweet pics!

T
TTFishon
Looks like another great day at TR's place!!!

F
Finneus Polebender
lilsalmon said:
nice fishes boys.....gonna have to find me some bass water....still determined to get one on a fly...I hear it is done all the time...:D

Davis lake is what you need from what I understand . Thanks all just as TT said though," just another great day at TRs" LOL . I can't wait for topwater this year am thinkin weedless over weed beds from the sounds of things at TRs, only drag with the heavy weeds sometimes is they get balled up in em real quick and the fight is over. Nothin like watchin that cover blow up as you see your rat/ frog swallowed whole , or that mind blowing few seconds as you watch the wake coming from 15ft away in intercept pattern while trying to keep it together and wait till just the right time to set the hook, its the best!

S
sherman
When does the top water start getting active? I'm sure it depends a lot on the water temp & spawn being over. Everytime I fish the lakes down here which is usually once a week I try some top water frogs & crawdads & plugs but no luck.

C
colbypearson
sherman said:
When does the top water start getting active? I'm sure it depends a lot on the water temp & spawn being over. Everytime I fish the lakes down here which is usually once a week I try some top water frogs & crawdads & plugs but no luck.
normally topwater is good post spawn in late june, july and august early and late or on cloudy days it depends sometimes its good in the spring and fall too.

T
tomriker
you're so smart colby, did you win this weekend?

C
colbypearson
tomriker said:
you're so smart colby, did you win this weekend?

got 2nd and big fish, lost a 5lbr at the boat that would have easily sealed the deal, just how it goes i guess.

N
nwkiller
nice fish guys, nice job colby

Reactions: colbypearson
F
Finneus Polebender
sherman said:

Should start right about now with the warm weather look for first light or twilight for the best action!