Last day on the Willy for Nooks

J
just1nook
I'm gonna give it one more try on Thurs.
I have 2 seats available if anyone is up for launching around 6.
I think that's too early for my usual peeps.
Shoot me a pm.

F
Fishtopher
Good luck man! Gotta chaperone my daughters Kindergarten field trip or Id take ya up for sure!

P
PDXKush
Well I pm'd you brother. It would be some Birthday Present hahahah. And I really am starting to think I have that good luck !!

F
FishFinger
Let do this thing big on the last day!

Yeehaw...

J
just1nook
Full boat!:clap:

T
The Nothing
thats what I get for not checking in :(

if you're in the sellwood area, wave to me at the bank.

P
PDXKush
I'll see you guys out there as I'll be launching from Cathedral Park with a guide @ 5:00am. Larry Kesch Jr. You guys ever heard of him? Anyways wish me luck as I need to mark a #1 on my tag for my Birthday and smoke me a tasty stoggie. I'll be turning....lets just say early 20's haha. Peace

M
madoc
The Nothing said:
thats what I get for not checking in :(

if you're in the sellwood area, wave to me at the bank.

Me too.

J
joemomma
Just talked to a bud on the river, it is a zoo!

P
PDXKush
Just got back. Had to be 300 boats from the St. John Bridge up to Sauvie. My boat caught our limit before 7am and then we picked up another person so we could keep fishing !!! What an amazing DAY !! I'll post some pics shortly. I pulled in a nice 17 pounder and then 30 minutes later I brought in a 23 lb Hog....OMFG Amazing birthday to say the least. What a final day to the season. Hope you all had some good luck !!

A
ArcticAmoeba
Nice work Andy! Glad you got into some Chinook. Up next are the Chums, Pinks, and Sockeye. Mostly a WA game, but the quest to hook every species is well on its way! Cool beans man!

P
PDXKush
Thanks Ian. I saw a few fish get lost on other peoples reels but I remembered what you guys had taught me and never tried to horse em. What an amazing day ! Here's some pics. Better quality to come soon.

I reeled these two keepers in !!! Both were caught between 6:00 - 7:00 am right in front of Sauvie Island were the Multnomah channel meets the Willamette !!!

chinook2.jpg

chinook1.jpg

C
Commodore S
Beautiful Fish PDX, Congrats:clap: Have you stopped smiling yet:D

T
The Nothing
So that's where all the fish were
cause there were only 3 at Sellwood, and none for me

P
PDXKush
Oh man ...I'm smiling from Ear to Ear and will be for quite sometime. I love this site everyone. I've met some great people through here and I love being able to share this with people who respect it as my family and my L.A. friends just dont seem to understand my new found passion. FISH ON --- FOR LIFE !!

T
Troutcatcher
I reeled these two keepers in !!! Both were caught between 6:00 - 7:00 am right in front of Sauvie Island were the Multnomah channel meets the Willamette !!!

What did you use to catch them? Some nice looking fish by the way.:clap:

P
PDXKush
We were back trolling using herring that had these special cuts in them that caused them to spin. They were also bathed in some Blue Dye. We had three hooks with the first two in the herring and the third hanging at the bottom. BTW my guide LArry Kesch Jr. was amazing and was cool as hell. He're's his website if any of you are interested. I mean in the middle of 100 boat gridlock, this dude was trolling and fishing with ease.

HOOK'EM UP Guide Service

BTW...name of his boat = The Bloody Hooker

AND GO BLAZERS !!!

Last edited:
A
ArcticAmoeba
Yeah, The 'ol Bloody Hooker North River is a pretty fishy sleigh. Have seen him out many, many times this year. Good job remembering to keep that rod loaded up, and to not horse 'em. Great looking fish too Andrew! And same recipe for those ribbons, as you did with the Steel too. But now you have yerself a buncha really great meals. With the leftovers, strip it off the skin, and de-bone(pin bones) it as best you can, and mix it up to do a Salmon sandwich. Mayo, Mustard, pickles, seasonings, you know... Way better than any canned Tuna sammich! Again, congrats on having a memorable Birf Day bud!

P
PDXKush
Yum !!! My Fridge is Full. Let me know if you want any steaks Ian !! She was soooooo chrome !!!

F
FishSchooler
Dude, how can you lift that without the slightest hint of strain? :lol:
If I caught fish like that, I would collapse if I tried carrying. Fish always seem lighter than they are... Very nice fish and GO BLAZERS too! They playing tonight at 6:30 against rockets... again. :dance: