Last day of 08 license

B
bd2cool
Is any one going out tomorrow to get that last day of 08 fishing?
I going to go out to Dexter for some trolling.
I wanted to go today but my wife has a cold and I'm home making her some soup and taking care of house work for her.

Troutski
Troutski
Maximum return....

Maximum return....

bd2cool said:
Is any one going out tomorrow to get that last day of 08 fishing?
I going to go out to Dexter for some trolling.
I wanted to go today but my wife has a cold and I'm home making her some soup and taking care of house work for her.

Good on you for taking care of the wife, this will probably come back in the way of a trophy fish or some other sort of karma. As for me I do have to go to work or I too would be out on the last day of the year. Just a reminder though....Thursday you will need a brand new license....we get to start all over again; this is when I will be out on the water - the first day of the new year... What a place we live...:dance:

Chuck

B
bd2cool
Well she is a great wife and after all the Christmas goodies that she got me it is the least that I can do.
You mean that you don't have your 09 license yet?Don't delay!:D
I thinking that Sunday might be nice as far as the weather to break into 09.

Troutski
Troutski
Thanksgiving...

Thanksgiving...

bd2cool said:
Well she is a great wife and after all the Christmas goodies that she got me it is the least that I can do.
You mean that you don't have your 09 license yet?Don't delay!:D
I thinking that Sunday might be nice as far as the weather to break into 09.

I bought my '09 license just after Thanksgiving.....early bird gets the best worms..;)

Chuck

Raincatcher
Raincatcher
One last time....

One last time....

I am planning to get out on the Santiam somewhere along Highway 22. I went to the Jefferson rest area this morning after a short stint at Walter Wirth and it was blocked off by the state. I got quite an eyeful when I saw it from the freeway. It is so high that the parking under the bridge is under water.
Kodiak, if you don't mind me asking,can you suggest one or two places to try from the bank? I am thinking about going into Stayton under the bridge and then maybe Packsaddle. I picked up an 8'6" Shimanno at Wally World for just under $40 and filled my reel with 20# with 30# leader. I want to use coon shrimp according to most of the fisher folk here, do you (or anybody else)have any other ideas?
I REALLY want to thank all of you great fisher folk here for all the help this past year. Thanks Friends.
Barb

M
meluvtrout
My 08 license expires in April! I think I'll head to Lewis or Kalama over the weekend...

F
Fishtopher
How in the heck does an 08 license end in april???? I have always been under the impression that your license is only good from Jan 1 to Dec 31 no matter when you buy it....Am I missing something?!!

M
meluvtrout
Fishtopher said:
How in the heck does an 08 license end in april???? I have always been under the impression that your license is only good from Jan 1 to Dec 31 no matter when you buy it....Am I missing something?!!

I have a WA license, too... And their licenses last 12 months from the date of purchase...:)

F
Fishtopher
Oh you sneaky dog!! Thats cheatin'! :lol:

J
joesnuffy
i always liked washingtons system better for their licensing.

H
Hawk
Raincatcher said:
I am planning to get out on the Santiam somewhere along Highway 22. I went to the Jefferson rest area this morning after a short stint at Walter Wirth and it was blocked off by the state. I got quite an eyeful when I saw it from the freeway. It is so high that the parking under the bridge is under water.
Kodiak, if you don't mind me asking,can you suggest one or two places to try from the bank? I am thinking about going into Stayton under the bridge and then maybe Packsaddle. I picked up an 8'6" Shimanno at Wally World for just under $40 and filled my reel with 20# with 30# leader. I want to use coon shrimp according to most of the fisher folk here, do you (or anybody else)have any other ideas?
I REALLY want to thank all of you great fisher folk here for all the help this past year. Thanks Friends.
Barb

Sister Barb Darlin'.......................i use lighter # (pound test) leader line, heavier # mainline...............so the leader line will break first.............:)..................if necessary.

If U can get them try Pileworms. Every fish i gofer Loves them ................:lol::lol::lol:

H
Hawk
My Wish to ALL my Sisters & Brothers Here is to Have a Blessed Beautiful Happy New Year.......................:):):)

Drive Safely........................

Troutski
Troutski
Agreed...

Agreed...

Hawk said:
My Wish to ALL my Sisters & Brothers Here is to Have a Blessed Beautiful Happy New Year.......................:):):)

Drive Safely........................

Thanks for your thoughts and wishes, I also wish all a very happy New Year, lets not forget those new angling licenses....the fines have increased this year.
Peace to all....:pray:

Chuck

18406ej
18406ej

I forgot about the expiration today, but really have the itch to go out and do some fishing no matter how flooded things are. I went to the ODFW website and picked up my new angling license online, with a printable voucher so that I can go out without waiting for the actual document in the mail. If you need tags, you have to wait for the snail-mail to drop them off.

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL OF MY OFF FRIENDS!

EJ

Last edited:
A
A_J-Llama
Doin Fine in 2009

Doin Fine in 2009

joesnuffy said:
i always liked washingtons system better for their licensing.

Some people's kids:rolleyes:glad to see other people are "gamers": too:)just joined Gladiatus as well last night, do you play Dark Orbit ??? Gotta do something when we can't be fishin:lol::cool: Happy New Year Joe, and everyone else as well, may you all catch the fish of a lifetime this coming year:pray::pray::pray:

B
bd2cool
Happy New Year!

I did make it to Dexter yesterday,no rain,light wind but the water was up and murky.
I caught one rainbow below LookOut Point Dam on the upper end.
He was only one to be landed so I released him but it felt good to be out.

Troutski
Troutski
Rename....

Rename....

bd2cool said:
Happy New Year!

I did make it to Dexter yesterday,no rain,light wind but the water was up and murky.
I caught one rainbow below LookOut Point Dam on the upper end.
He was only one to be landed so I released him but it felt good to be out.

We should petition the State to change the name from Dexter to db2cool lake, at the least name the ramp after you...
I like fishing the back side of the lake, have you ever ventured in to that slew on the face of the dam ? Excellent Smallie world, never caught a Trout back there but plenty of Smallies and Pike Minnows.

Chuck

B
bd2cool
Yes indeed,when the water warms up that is my bass hole.
Right below it on the right hand side there is a large shallow spot,if you drift a worm off the shallows into the deeper water rainbows will tear it up!
I let the worm drift off the bottom with no weight on the line.

On the left hand side never did have much luck with trout but great for bass.
I have caught some nice bass on that side down to the bridge and on the other side of the bridge.
I love winter fishing but I don't think that I ever had much luck with bass once the water gets into the low 40 degrees.

Troutski
Troutski
Sweet...

Sweet...

bd2cool said:
Yes indeed,when the water warms up that is my bass hole.
Right below it on the right hand side there is a large shallow spot,if you drift a worm off the shallows into the deeper water rainbows will tear it up!
I let the worm drift off the bottom with no weight on the line.

On the left hand side never did have much luck with trout but great for bass.
I have caught some nice bass on that side down to the bridge and on the other side of the bridge.
I love winter fishing but I don't think that I ever had much luck with bass once the water gets into the low 40 degrees.

Nice to finely talk to someone that has had the same great luck on that lake as I have. A hidden Jewell of the Willy..we should really get together for a day of catching.....have a great day.

Chuck