Larson Creek Cove

E
epowelll15
Has anyone tried fishing larison creek cove? I went for a good while today and only got a 12 inch kokanee trying just about anything I could think of. The far back of the cove looked good with lots of trees and grass but still nothing. Also, are there any good maps that could tell me the depths of these reservoirs? I just have a canoe without a depth reader and have no idea how deep I am fishing.

Troutski
Troutski
I finely stopped trying that arm, try the Packard Creek no motors arm.... You will be amazed:shock: ..

Chuck

E
epowelll15
Packard creek

Packard creek

Troutski said:
I finely stopped trying that arm, try the Packard Creek no motors arm.... You will be amazed:shock: ..

Chuck

No fish in the Packard Creek arm. Ran into a couple trout where the creek runs in but no hook ups. I was throwing rooster tails and crappie jigs down the boat ramp side and got nothing. I haven't quite figured out how to fish these reservoirs yet. My options are limited in a canoe.

Troutski
Troutski
epowelll15 said:
No fish in the Packard Creek arm. Ran into a couple trout where the creek runs in but no hook ups. I was throwing rooster tails and crappie jigs down the boat ramp side and got nothing. I haven't quite figured out how to fish these reservoirs yet. My options are limited in a canoe.

I spent the day with Luckytobefishing doing some deep trolling on the Hills Creek arm near and around the dam, what a great day on the water, the water temp was 70 degrees at the ramp and 47 at the confluence, we were able to hit the morning hour and the twilight hour; what great weather for a day on the water. I know what you mean about the canoe, those fingers are great for canoes but put them on the open water and it is a whole new story.
Looks like I am booked for the next few weeks, when I know for sure I will contact you and we can meet and you can have the front seat. Now when I say a day of angling I mean a day, we launched the boat at 5:15am and took out at 8:20pm... one needs plenty of water and food plus staying power. We boated over twenty fish and only fish in the net are counted, ask Luckytobefishing how many he lost due to early release;). Shoot me a pm if you are interested and we can make some plans for a day on the water. Do you have a second rod stamp...?
Take care and tight lines...

Chuck

E
epowelll15
Hey! I sent you a pm about that fishing trip. I don't think it sent for some reason. I am always down to go fishing especially with some who has a boat! Let me know if you still need a fishing partner!

H
hwkeye138
Larison Creek Cove

Larison Creek Cove

epowelll15 said:
Has anyone tried fishing larison creek cove? I went for a good while today and only got a 12 inch kokanee trying just about anything I could think of. The far back of the cove looked good with lots of trees and grass but still nothing. Also, are there any good maps that could tell me the depths of these reservoirs? I just have a canoe without a depth reader and have no idea how deep I am fishing.

I know years ago we used to fish Lairson for Crappie mostly. Once in a while we would pick up a Rainbow or two.