Lamiglass redline vs Okuma guide select pro

Grant22
Grant22
Hey everyone, I have begun my steady accumulation of steelhead and salmon gear and I have a few buzz Ramsey air rods and was wanting to try something new and maybe a little more higher end. I am looking for spinning rods in the 9’4-9’9” and 6-12lb (steelhead and coho) and casting or spinning rods in the 9’4”-9’9” 10-20 lb (nooks) range because I fish a lot of heavily brushed banks and hike through a lot of woods to get to my spots were having a 10’+ rod is just not really practical and just waiting to get snagged on something and break. I have really been liking the Lamiglass redline series rods and the Okuma guide select pro series rods Any input on those options would be greatly appreciated.

E
Eazy-E
Ive recently had both. bought a X-11 at the end of summer this year, 1 notch below the redline. I conducted a simple flex test on the side of the river on its maiden voyage and the rod snapped :oops: Replaced it with a GSP which I liked better but after a tangle in the net with a salmon on the tip broke.. both were 9ft medium action spinning rods.

I decided to go back to a lamiglass but the infinity series this time with heavy action.. so far its been great.

Reactions: Grant22
Grant22
Grant22
Eazy-E said:
Ive recently had both. bought a X-11 at the end of summer this year, 1 notch below the redline. I conducted a simple flex test on the side of the river on its maiden voyage and the rod snapped :oops: Replaced it with a GSP which I liked better but after a tangle in the net with a salmon on the tip broke.. both were 9ft medium action spinning rods.

I decided to go back to a lamiglass but the infinity series this time with heavy action.. so far its been great.
Yeah I haven’t heard very good things about the lamiglass x-11 rods but I have heard good things about the redline rods and higher end lami’s. Maybe I’ll buy a couple each of the redlines and guide select pros and see which ones I like better.

Artwo
Artwo
I've been steelhead fishing the GSP-S-992ML, 6-12, ML for a number of years and I've been very happy with their performance. I mainly use the rod for bobber/jig, bobber doggin beads, bobber/bait and have caught a couple coho and smaller springers as well without any issue of over stressing the rod....

Reactions: Grant22