Lake Oswego??

B

Basser@Heart

Anyone have access to Lake Oswego? I hear there's some hawgs in there but the lake is private.

A

Anyfishisfine

You have to own property on the lake, and my understanding is that you have to get some sort of permit from the owner.

B

Basser@Heart

Haha alright, anyone know of a homeowner that would let a college kid come fish??

B

Basser@Heart

How old is her sister?? I can work some charm! haha

T

The Nothing

I've often wondered what would happen if I just ran on through and hopped in my kayak....

B

bernduffy

The Lake Patrol would be on you like stink on...welll...stinky stuff. It's a terrible waste of fishing acreage, but the city and lake are ruled by a real estate mafia. The only thing that's worse about LO is all the phony "Public Art" that litters the downtown area. If I had my way, I'd push most of that junk into the lake and open the shore for fishing the new structure. Though...I really shouldn't complain too loudly: I reap a lot of benefits from living here, too...I used to bank a lot up until about 3 years ago ; caught a variety of panfish, bass, and some really nice cats. I too am trying to get access...there are some nice fish in there and they ain't getting any smaller.

T

The Nothing

From what I understand from someone with access to the lake, its a royal PITA to get ON the lake. First, you do need a sticker to ID the boat as OK on the lake. Before you get that, the boat needs to be cleaned/certified by one of three people that do so. If you take the boat off the lake, take it else where, and come back, it needs to be cleaned again.

too much work.

Chromatose

Chromatose

Remembers when there used to be Trout in the lake. Also remembers when there was sturgeon that piled up near the lakes wash out. But that was a couple of days ago. Sad to read all the non-sense about access................:(

B

bernduffy

Yes, I remember chatting with an old-timer who said he pulled a good sized sturgeon out of the lake years ago. He also spoke of good sized bass. What you see happening here now is a perversion of the American dream. The over-riding interest is real estate values. Even the schools, which are top notch, are often seen as just one more factor to keep property values high, not educate kids. It's materialism at its worst. The non access to the lake epitomizes the exclusive country club atmosphere. What pisses me off is that in this city of about 50,000 maybe 5000 are controlling everything including the lake. The rest of us are very ordinary middle class types (and a surprisingly large number of lower middle class living in lots of apartments) struggling to make ends meet and put kids through college. OK, enough of my rant... I'll let you know what happens if I ever get on the lake.

F

Finneus Polebender

The very Idea of "private lakes etc " especially in an urban enviornment is just wrong . Even down south where Private interests have only claimed a few of my childhood bass holes, It seems a sad waste of beautiful wetland enviornment which in my experience is largely ignored considering the local population. Its always those who would have little to no negative impact that lose the oppertunity to share an old childhood friend w/ our kids and grand kids, when another good fishin hole gets closed to the public.

B

beaverfan

Not true, anyways all the land around the lake IS private and therefore you cannot legally access the lake.

H

halibuthitman

they need the money

they need the money

Well after 12 yrs owning a home appraisal company, ( the wife is an appraiser ) the only two people that stiffed us on an appraisal... live ON that lake, both did stated imcome loans and are both in forclosure as we speak.... so walk up to the house that you know... judging by the cars and unkept by comparison homes and target the folks who are living on credit and beyond their means... knock on the door with $150 bucks in your hand...and Im pretty sure your gonna get at least a months worth of access. The caliber of people attracted to that lake, are very easily bought.

T

The Nothing

but you'd still need your boat/pontoon/kayak cleaned by a certified agent, and registered.

H

halibuthitman

I think what kills me the most is the misperception that the lake goes un-fished... you can book a trip with a guide through kaufmans streamborn... but why? there are 6150 lakes in Oregon over 1 acre, 140 of them are private.. so how bout not giving a shat about oswego.. and go fish one of them. and there is bank access, its up to you to figure out where that is, and on a final note... its name is Sucker lake... didn't sound as appealing so they changed its name. They use to gill-net the living crap out of it.

F

FishSchooler

It's not unfished... it's just not fished much :)