Lake of the Woods, whadya know about it?

D
doublestrike
Inbetween fish the other day, Steve and I were looking at the rules and regs for 2009, and looked at a couple of lakes that we have tried once each, but would like to work them over better this summer. Lake of the Woods, on hwy 140. Rules say it is open 24/7/365, although it is frozen over now. Also says that kokanee are "no limit", that makes it sound interesting. The other one is Four Mile Lake, 6 miles off of hwy 140. Went there last year on opening day of deer season, also 24/7/365. Kokanee "no limit". So what do you know about either one of these lakes?

H
Hawk
Lake of the Woods. I've never fished thar but someone on the forum last year went several times & caught fish. It was posted here..........................:D

Happy fishin' BRO..................:D

Troutski
Troutski
24/7 lakes..

24/7 lakes..

Lake of the Woods is a great place for night angling for Browns, something about catching a fish on a moonless night. Heck just trying to net the fish is hilarious to say the least. The other lake Four Mile I must admit I don't know any thing about, but keep checking someone here is likely to have the scoop.

Chuck

O
ol tymer
stringers

stringers

Yup, ya might want to try Fish Lake also, just up the road from Lake of the Woods. Visited some friends camped there in July, and walked down to the boat ramps and seen several boats come in with stringers of fish. Was'nt close enough to tell if they were 'bows, or kokes but looked like they had a whale of a time. Ol Tymer :think:

S
simpsoti
I used to clean up at lake of the woods. Can get pretty crowded out there sometimes. But I have killed trolling ford flashers with wedding rings. Lots of good camping/fishing in that area.

S
Scarecro
I have fished there 2 times in the last month and caught a few nice trout both times. We had to go to lake in the woods because there was too much snow to make it to hemlock and I hear early in the season is EPIC.

If you can, drive yourself the extra five miles up the road past lake of the woods and drive to hemlock. check this. Its the stocking schedule. I wouldnt go up there again till next weekend prlly.

Last edited: