Lake flies!

brandon4455
brandon4455
does anyone know where i can get some chironomid pupa/snow cones near dallas ? like within 15 miles

M
Markcanby
Ebay

brandon4455
brandon4455
oh yeah.. thanks man i appriciate it.

Last edited:
M
Markcanby
I get all my flies OFF ebay a save a lot of money.

brandon4455
brandon4455
ugh i'm not good with sizes does anybody know what size would be good for cutthroat under a strike indicator?

M
Markcanby
Sea-run or just plain old Cutties?

I have caught a lot of Cutts here on the Molalla with #18 to #12 Adams. You fishing the Creek there in town? I would get some bead head prince in a #16 for running under a indicator.

O
OnTheFly
Markcanby said:
I can vouch for Markcanby's fly collections he's obtained from EBay. I've seen them. Although I give him a hard time about not tying his own, you can fill a fly box in no time and only spend a fraction you would if you bought from a store.

brandon4455
brandon4455
thank you very much for the help. hopefully i can land some monster cutts on the fly..but not until november 1st :/

Last edited:
T
the_intimidator03
isn't the chironomid snow cone the little curved black bodied with white wraps and a white beadhead?

Raincatcher
Raincatcher
Have you had a chance to check out the tackle shop by Walmart? It's in the big red metal building with the glove company. You can access it through Walmarts' parking lot. I haven't been in,but they might be able to help.

brandon4455
brandon4455
i went in there and checked it out when it opened but idk if they have flies or not. either there or bi-mart or ebay are my only options thanks raincatcher :)

B
bigsteel
olive wooley buggers and black too work great,,try trolling soft hackles