Lake cutthroat

brandon4455
brandon4455
going to a lake with my dad while he is back from work. meeting troutdude up there early in the morning. hopefully we can land some fish. ill take some pics and maybe a short vid wish us luck all!

brandon

T
TTFishon
Good luck!!! Hope you can get a lunker.

W
waco
good luck Brandon!!!! catch some big ones ehh!!!

M
Moe
good luck man!!

L
lilsalmon
Good luck!!!! I was going to go too but spending the day with my boys and studying for midterm instead......

Troutski
Troutski
Cutties..

Cutties..

Lake Cutties:clap::clap::cool:....good luck and tight lines.

Chuck

brandon4455
brandon4455
thanks everyone,well i met troutdude at about 7:45 and we started fishing. was slow at first with some fish rolling out in the middle of the lake. started out with worm and pautzkies under a corkie with no luck at all because of low water in my casting range.. tied on a little cleo and a nice little largemouth slammed my spoon. let him go. then a few casts later after getting some bites my line went limp. and my lure had fell off.. i was a bit angry but laughing at the same time. but i wasn't the only one making a mistake troutdude kept crossing his other line that had a bobber in the water with his spinners and spoons i laughed every time it happened (about 20 times) LOL. so i tied on my krocodile spoon. pink with prsim scales and fished that in the same spot. no luck there so i moved up. on the first cast i had a very nice sized trout slam my pink spoon it rolled and my hook popped out .. very dissapointed it was a fairly large fish . troutdude also landed a small bass around the same size as mine i ventured to where a creek runs in at the slow flowing channel saw a nice fish roll but nothing. fished below the bridge for a bit hooked a small trout on the first cast and my line went limp again.. i lost my lure again. tied on my last spoon: a chrome kastmaster got a few bites on it but no fish. later we decided to fish off the dam with spoons spinners and off the bottom i landed a nice little bass after a few minutes and got a very big bite on a rooster tail that troutdude gave me to use. we left shortly after a little disapointed but i had a lot of fun meeting a new person and landing a few hard fighting fish im going back anywhere from next thursday to sunday ill have another report for everyone i had a camera this time but it was hard to use didn't know how to take pics with it and video kinda sucked sorry guys :( ill have a camera phone for pics next time dont mean to disappoint everyone

brandon

Last edited:
brandon4455
brandon4455
lilsalmon said:
Good luck!!!! I was going to go too but spending the day with my boys and studying for midterm instead......

yeah jay told me he invited you im sure we will go again soon

troutdude
troutdude
Nice post Brandon. And it was really fun meeting you and your pops. You guys made it a most enjoyable trip.

However, I think you're telling fish stories. I don't recall crossing my lines 20 times! LOL :naughty::naughty:

Well, at least you were honest about losing your lures and such. And I don't mind getting out fished. You have a great knack for our favorite past time; and it was fun to watch you.

And I am now about 12 and 0. 12 trips, and have not gotten skunked this yearl...woo hoo!!! I've gotten at least one fish each time out; and often limited out. :clap:

BTW, you should have seen those shiny cutts that the drift boat fellow had...very PERTY FEESHES! :shock:

Now, I also know that you were up all night long dreaming of a MONSTER cutt (it happens to us addicts). So, GO N' GET SOME SLEEP! :lol::lol:

And thanks for showing me around that lake and OFFering the tips, to get into the fish.

P.S. I know why you lost count of my "crossed lines"...FISHING SLEEP DEPRIVATION DISORDER!:whistle::whistle:

Last edited:
M
michigan_transplant
what lake are you guys fishing??

Troutski
Troutski
Nice job, was there much pressure?

Chuck

troutdude
troutdude
michigan_transplant said:
what lake are you guys fishing??

MT, pm sent.

troutdude
troutdude
Chuck, there were about a dozen and a half early birds. By the time I/we left...there were about twice that many. And only a few boats...cuz there are NO motors allowed...neither electric nor gas...row boats, toons and tubes only.

T
Thuggin4Life
TOP SECRET! any day on the water is entertaining when fishing with troutdude. REally cool guy to fish and shoot the **** with. too bad he hasn't fiured out the 2 rod thing yet. lol

brandon4455
brandon4455
Troutski said:
Nice job, was there much pressure?

Chuck

thanks chuck,when we got there jay was by the bridge already and there was anothewr car so i hopped out and ran down before they got the bridge. but yeah there is 2 times as many people as there use to be there and there are less trout and more bass. because all of the fish are native and its 5 fish a day. the population is kinda screwed. i think they need to leave bait allowed but, make it 2 fish a day and a certain amount a year. its a womderful cutthroat population to fish but if we dont do somthing to help aid in the fish recovery its done for...
i cleaned up some garbage while i walked along the bank but one person dosent make the big difference. we need everyone to practice c and R and quit littering >:eek:

brandon

Last edited: