Lake Billy Chinook

I

IZZY

I was hoping to get some of you fellow members wisdom on how to fish Lake Billy Chinook. I'm heading there to spend a weekend on a houseboat, but plan to bring my boat as well and wanted to try and get my boys and the other kids into some fish. Prefer trout fishing but have never done any there. So far I've been given good advice on here and figured I'd try to keep the streak alive! Good luck to everybody and thanks for any tips you may have for us!

F

frodog

I was there two weekends ago and trolling with a kokanee killer and with 6 oz. wt seemed to be the beez neez even caught four bass this way. What arm are you going to be on? The head water of the metolios arm was sick if you have buzz bombs or other jigs and or a fly rod. Also I trolled a three flasher fender set up with 4 oz wt and a wedding ring with white corn kernle on the hook. If you what to catch more bass than you can imagine stay near the bank and throw small spinners the bass range in size from fingerling to 3lbs. Hope this will assist you be careful on the lake the weather can change fast.

F

frodog

Well how was your expirience in one of my favorite scenic places to fish?

I

IZZY

We are leaving on Friday so I will give you a report once we are back. We will be giving the Metolius arm our best shot and see if we can't have any luck! Thanks for the info. :)

W

wormosa

I was there two weekends ago and trolling with a kokanee killer and with 6 oz. wt seemed to be the beez neez even caught four bass this way. What arm are you going to be on? The head water of the metolios arm was sick if you have buzz bombs or other jigs and or a fly rod. Also I trolled a three flasher fender set up with 4 oz wt and a wedding ring with white corn kernle on the hook. If you what to catch more bass than you can imagine stay near the bank and throw small spinners the bass range in size from fingerling to 3lbs. Hope this will assist you be careful on the lake the weather can change fast.
6 oz weight? if this is the case wow

F

frodog

We wanted to be sure to get to the fish about 120 ft below. And at the time it was the handiest weight in the boat and the set up worked.